Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Append column using awk/nawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append column using awk/nawk Post 302730225 by aksijain on Monday 12th of November 2012 10:58:54 AM
Old 11-12-2012
Thank you guys...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append field to file(nawk)

I have two files. File A and File B. File A has two fields separated by comma 352020252365988, 652020100572356 546876543215667, 652065465654686 ... File B has many Fields separate by spaces Date Name 352020252365988 Reference Date2 Name2 546876543215667 Reference I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append tabs at the end of each line in NAWK -- varying fields

Hi, I need some help in knowing how I can append tabs at the end of each line... The data looks something like this: field1, field2, field3, field4 1 2 3 4 5 I have values in field1 and field 2 in the first row and I would like to append tab on field3 and field4 for the first row..and in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format - Inventory Row data into Column - Awk - Nawk

Hi All, I have the following file that has computer data for various pcs in my network... Snap of the file is as follows ******************************************************************************* Serial 123456 Computer IP Address lo0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aavam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append column and row header to a file in awk script.

Hi! Is there a way to append column and row header to a file in awk script. For example if I have Jane F 39 manager Carlos M 40 system administrator Sam F 20 programmer and I want it to be # name gend age occup 1 Jane F 39 manager 2 Carlos M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append data with substring of nth column fields using awk

Hi guys, I have problem to append new data at the end of each line of the files where it takes whole value of the nth column. My expected result i just want to take a specific value only. This new data is based on substring of 11th, 12th 13th column that has comma seperated value. My code: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: null7
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column value from 2 different file using awk and append value from different column

Hi, I have 2 csv files. a.csv HUAWEI,20LMG011_DEKET_1296_RTN-980_IDU-1-11-ISV3-1(to LAMONGAN_M),East_Java,20LMG011_DEKET_1296_RTN-980_IDU-1,20LMG011,20LMG 027_1287_LAMONGAN_RTN980_IDU1,20LMG027,1+1(HSB),195.675,20LMG011-20LMG027,99.9995,202.6952012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to Sum columns when other column has duplicates and append one column value to another with Care

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values

Please help me to get required output for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 and need separate code for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 Scenario 1 i need to do below changes only when column1 is CR and column3 has duplicates rows/values. This inputfile can contain 100 of this duplicated rows of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
WVDIAL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 WVDIAL(1)

NAME
wvdial - PPP dialer with built-in intelligence. SYNOPSIS
wvdial [ OPTIONS ] [ SECTION ] ... DESCRIPTION
wvdial is an intelligent PPP dialer, which means that it dials a modem and starts PPP in order to connect to the Internet. It is something like the chat(8) program, except that it uses heuristics to guess how to dial and log into your server rather than forcing you to write a login script. When wvdial starts, it first loads its configuration from /etc/wvdial.conf and ~/.wvdialrc which contains basic information about the modem port, speed, and init string, along with information about your Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as the phone number, your username, and your password. Then it initializes your modem and dials the server and waits for a connection (a CONNECT string from the modem). It understands and responds to typical connection problems (like BUSY and NO DIALTONE). Any time after connecting, wvdial will start PPP if it sees a PPP sequence from the server. Otherwise, it tries to convince the server to start PPP by doing the following: o responding to any login/password prompts it sees; o interpreting "choose one of the following"-style menus; o eventually, sending the word "ppp" (a common terminal server command). If all of this fails, wvdial just runs pppd(8) and hopes for the best. It will bring up the connection, and then wait patiently for you to drop the link by pressing CTRL-C. OPTIONS
Several options are recognized by wvdial. -c, --chat Run wvdial as a chat replacement from within pppd, instead of the more normal method of having wvdial negotiate the connection and then call pppd. -C, --config=CONFIGFILE Run wvdial with CONFIGFILE as the configuration file, instead of /etc/wvdial.conf. This is mainly useful only if you want to have per-user configurations, or you want to avoid having dial-up information (usernames, passwords, calling card numbers, etc.) in a system wide configuration file. -n, --no-syslog Don't output debug information to the syslog daemon (only useful together with --chat). wvdial is normally run without command line options, in which case it reads its configuration from the [Dialer Defaults] section of /etc/wvdial.conf. (The configuration file is described in more detail in wvdial.conf(5) manual page.) One or more SECTIONs of /etc/wvdial.conf may be specified on the command line. Settings in these sections will override settings in [Dialer Defaults]. For example, the command: wvdial phone2 will read default options from the [Dialer Defaults] section, then override any or all of the options with those found in the [Dialer phone2] section. If more than one section is specified, they are processed in the order they are given. Each section will override all the sections that came before it. For example, the command: wvdial phone2 pulse shh will read default options from the [Dialer Defaults] section, then override any or all of the options with those found in the [Dialer phone2] section, followed by the [Dialer pulse] section, and lastly the [Dialer shh] section. Using this method, it is possible to easily configure wvdial to switch between different internet providers, modem init strings, account names, and so on without specifying the same configuration information over and over. BUGS
"Intelligent" programs are frustrating when they don't work right. This version of wvdial has only minimal support for disabling or over- riding its "intelligence", with the "Stupid Mode", "Login Prompt", and "Password Prompt" options. So, in general if you have a nice ISP, it will probably work, and if you have a weird ISP, it might not. Still, it's not much good if it doesn't work for you, right? Don't be fooled by the fact that wvdial finally made it to version 1.00; it could well contain many bugs and misfeatures. Let us know if you have problems by sending e-mail to <wvdial-list@lists.nit.ca>. You may encounter some error messages if you don't have write access to /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets. Unfortunately, there's really no nice way around this yet. FILES
/etc/wvdial.conf Configuration file which contains modem, dialing, and login information. See wvdial.conf(5). /dev/ttyS* Serial port devices. /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial Required for correct authentication in pppd version 2.3.0 or newer. /etc/ppp/{pap,chap}-secrets Contains a list of usernames and passwords used by pppd for authentication. wvdial maintains this list automatically. AUTHORS
Dave Coombs and Avery Pennarun for Net Integration Technologies. We would also like to thank SuSE and RedHat for adding a number of vari- ous cool features to wvdial. Thanks guys! SEE ALSO
wvdial.conf(5), wvdialconf(1), pppd(8), chat(8). WvDial December 2005 WVDIAL(1)