Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find biggest number inside file Post 302729993 by radiohead_ on Monday 12th of November 2012 04:50:56 AM
Old 11-12-2012
Code:
perl -e 'biggest = chop(<>);while(<>) { if(chop() > biggest) biggest = chop();} print biggest;'

Hope I'm right.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding biggest number

I think my script is working but i am trying to understand while I am tracing to see if it's realli working.. can somebody please comment.. also. is there different way to write this in shell? sh -x findbiggestnum 1 2 3 + big=0 + big=1 + big=2 + big=3 + echo 3 3 big=0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Usage in GB and Unix command to find the biggest file/folder

Hi All, Please help me out 1) Command to find the disk usage in GB. I know that du -k will give in kilobites. 2) How to find the Biggest file/folder in a given set of files/folders. Thanks in advance Regards, Manas (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find something inside a file

Hi, this is the problem i'm facing i need a check some file having some word like gzip or tar ,the way i normally do is grep gzip filenamethe thing is that i had some 1000 files to be checked is that the only way or can i customize it by some script ,i know there is some way ,but i need some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file with specific string inside it.

Hi , Is there any way i can find a file with specific word inside it. For example if i want to find a file which has some text written inside it. How would i form a command to search them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the pattern inside the file and replace it

hello everybody, I have a group of file eg- sample1 sample2 sample3 sample4 each file contain this :- cat sample1 SEQ_NUM,1,UPESI1 My requirement is to change the value-UPESI1 to UPE10 in file which contain this pattern -UPESI1. any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH SHELL: problem calculation number of lines inside compressed file

Hi Gurus, I am working with a korn shell script to simplify some operations of calculation number of lines inside compressed file. The called function (inside a cycle) is the following: ######################################### # F.ne: CheckCount #########################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the Missing date inside the FILE?

Hi am using Unix AIX Ksh have a FILE CAT FILE 08/02/2013 16/02/2013 18/02/2013 I need the Outputs as Missing date are 09/02/2013 to 15/02/2013,17/02/2013 can anyone help me !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check for a number inside the file in UNIX

Hi Gurus I am a newbie to Unix programming and I am having a difficulty in finding out a number which is present in a file and storing it in a variable so that i can use it in my shell script. The content of the file "count" is: Count of the files=11 I need to just store the value 11 in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramgk9
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find biggest word in a file....?

With any cmd like sed grep ask etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find biggest values on replicates

Dear All I was wondering if someone of you know how to resolve an issue that I met. In particular I have a file like this: ENSMUSG01 chr1 77837902 77853530 ENSMUSG02 chr2 18780447 18811972 ENSMUSG02 chr2 18780453 18811626 ENSMUSG02 chr2 18807356 18811987 ENSMUSG03 chr3 142575634 142576538... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
6 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_dname_left_chop, ldns_dname_label_count SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> ldns_rdf* ldns_dname_left_chop(const ldns_rdf *d); uint8_t ldns_dname_label_count(const ldns_rdf *r); DESCRIPTION
ldns_dname_left_chop() chop one label off the left side of a dname. so wwww.nlnetlabs.nl, becomes nlnetlabs.nl This new name is a clone and must be freed with ldns_deep_free() d: the dname to chop Returns the remaining dname ldns_dname_label_count() count the number of labels inside a LDNS_RDF_DNAME type rdf. *r: the rdf Returns the number of labels AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_dname. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)