Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux Post 302729923 by inventsekar on Sunday 11th of November 2012 11:32:19 PM
Old 11-12-2012
Hi,

You are looking only for hardcover books? not ebooks??

I find this one is very interesting...
Please google for "Ubuntu Server Guide"
it will give official Ubuntu Server Guide.

(PS - as i am a new member, i cannot post a URL. i will reply the URL later.. .thanks..)

Regards,
Sekar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix/linux books

hey, i am a pretty good linux/unix user but i would like to discover the full capabilities of linux/unix. i have "unix unleashed , by sams" any other books/websites reccomendations. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati

I am new to program development on Linux. I wonder what computer languages are easy to grasp to create man - machine interactive interface software, which can accept inputs (parameters) from usrers, and present (display) the calculation results to users. Before, I have heared about Perl,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
10 Replies

3. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

suggest me books/courses

I am new to unix world. I just know some basic commands only and some basics knowledge about unix. Anyone please suggest me from where should I start. Suggest me some book that could help me from the beginning. Presently I am working in php in a company and I want to move in unix. Please suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UNITRIX
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones

In case you have not seen it, we have a UNIX and Linux Timeline on FB. If you have a few free moments, could you review the timeline and post back here in this thread with your suggestions and ideas for new entries and milestones? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

best books to begin shell scripting in ubuntu

pleas suggest free e books to begin Bash scripting in ubuntu..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggest books

Hi, I'm a beginner and am learning c programming. I want to learn UNIX/LINUX in parallel. But I don't know difference between UNIX and LINUX and where they are applied in real life. As a beginner, some people asked me to start with UNIX. Please let me know some very good books for UNIX. Also a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdbee
6 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)