Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux TuxOnIce stalls 3 times before resuming Post 302729849 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 11th of November 2012 12:25:54 PM
Old 11-11-2012
This is where Tux is using the swap paritition to restore system/process stacks and RAM.
Code:
PM: Checking hibernation image partition swap:/dev/sda5

Look at vsock and vmnet - they are dynamically built by boot up and are having issues.

There are other similar issues. The short answer seems to me to be a conflict of user software with a "deferred" Tux startup. The actual delays reported by Tux are less than seconds. File sync is taking a looong time.

Here is the biggest Tux time consumer:
Code:
[  101.954109] usb 3-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
#start of this is not in the log so ^ this line I included. USB is not a big issue at all.
[ 1009.179916] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.

My guess is that you have added a bunch of software, and you have a load of data on your filesystems, all of which conspire to make your life miserable.

By any chance did you add support for a new filesystem that did not come with the box?

If you have backups, make a full current backup, then try to restore system status (your system paritition is just system software, right) to a period way back when things were working well.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

System not resuming from stanby mode ---Solaris10

Dear Frnds, I have a weird issue with solaris 10. We bought a new Sun Ultra45 workstation and i installed solaris 10 in that. The problem is when it goes to standby mode i am not able to resume the system.The only thing i can do is to manually reboot and start working. The problem occurs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
0 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 10 not resuming from power save mode.

Dear Frnz, i have a ultra 45 with solaris 10 installed. I face a weird issue in that. once the machine goes to power save mode i am not able to bring the machine back by hitting the keys in keyboard or moving the mouse. I am able to rsh the machine from another machine. To bring the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

3. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executes many times

The code prints many times, "1st loop" and "2nd loop". How can I come out the if the condition is matched. Match should be only once and it should come out of the loop if the match is found time=$(date +"%H:%M:%S") echo $time while : do if then echo "1st loop" fi if then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
5 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get difference between 2 times.

Can anyone help me to write a script to get diffrence between 2 times. (platform- solaris) i.e., Diffence shoud be displayed in tems of hours. (Approximately) for eg: file1 = 05-Apr-2012 13:42:32 file2 = 04-Apr-2012 12:42:41 O/P is like : diff = 25 Hrs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Welcome in these 1337 times

Have you noticed that the Unix time right now starts with the combination "1337"? 1337 times indeed. ;-)) bakunin (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pausing and resuming process on laptop

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to pause a process I'm running in the background, close my laptop (I need to leave the office), and continue the process (when I get home). I've been running a process for a really long time and I don't want to have to start it over. Thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies