Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Greping summaries of academic citations Post 302729717 by RudiC on Sunday 11th of November 2012 02:33:38 AM
Old 11-11-2012
Yes, instead of the -A5 option you used before try -B5. AND, read the man page.
BTW, this would not yield the sentence but the last 5 lines before. If you go for the sentence, this will become awkward...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with greping a field

Hi, Suppose I have a file as below and I just want the field Invoice Number from this file , How can I do it. /home/arbor>cat PH0034090202314800030IM-001 0Yp825XMilperra NSW 1891 189110H14V1Sp2871Yp300X Customer Service : 0000-368-81118H6.5V0Sp3130Yp50X ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in greping

i have a ksh script : #!/bin/ksh TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ;a=`date +%Y-%m-%d` b=`date +"%H:%M:%S"` cd /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/logs for i in Archiver1.log do cat $i | grep $a | grep $b >> /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/naveed/Insert_Date.txt done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Rebuilding C++ Libraries to save Linux install (purely academic question)

The crisis is over. I am just doing postmortem on how we handled it. So this is just an exercise in academics. We have a mission critical system running on RED Hat Linux. It is a turnkey system "managed 100% by the vendor". I put this is quotes because we had an event last night that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping ip address

I have this line BTSRTRGRP-448-1-1 10.162.141.118/255.255.255.254 - I need to print only the IPADDRESS and not the subnet mask. If i use cut -c30-43 I get the ipaddress, where as in some cases if the last octet is of single digit (10.162.141.8/255.255.255.254) it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping in between two different lines.

I know you could use the grep "something" -A200 flag to get all the lines past your pattern. Is there a way to get all the lines in between two patterns? The -a flag will not work since all lines in between the two patterns don't have a constant number. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in greping

Hi, i have to find a string in a file and positin of the string in the file would come in some particular interval. let's say file is 1-1000 lines and string is in from 200-300line. could any one suggest me how to get make the grep search for the string in that particular portion of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarakant
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping $2 into a list

Hi When I run this command: lsuser -a auditclasses ALL I got: user1 auditclasses=general,objects,cron,files,rbac,audit,lvm,aixpert user2 auditclasses=general,objects,cron,files,rbac,audit,lvm,aixpert user3 auditclasses=general,objects,cron,files,rbac,audit,lvm,aixpert user4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Latex/Bibtex - Error of no match for citations?

I'm trying to add citations to this latex formatted paper. I know the bibtex file is causing the issue. I will try to use this document as a reference once I have a working version. If anyone has an idea what these errors could mean that would help immensely. Any ideas how to fix would also be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
0 Replies
GZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GZGREP(1)

NAME
gzgrep, gzegrep, gzfgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
gzgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
gzgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If gzgrep is invoked as gzegrep or gzfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, gzgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep gzgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; gzgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), gzdiff(1), gzmore(1), gznew(1), gzforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available in the SUNWgzipS package. GZGREP(1)