Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to change directories?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change directories? Post 302729403 by rdrtx1 on Friday 9th of November 2012 03:19:23 PM
Old 11-09-2012
assuming that there are persmissions, try:
Code:
mkdir /users/saanvi
mv /opt/multifamily/restatement/weblogic /users/saanvi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change working directories in perl?

i am new to perl. i am writing a perl script. i want to know how to change the working directories? for ex. i have a perl script in c:\proj\ . i want to run this script in this directory but i need my script to change its working directory to D:\xyz\ dynamically in the script. your help is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission for directories and files

Is there a way to change subdirectories permission plus the files in the subdirectories in a directory i specified without using the find command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mingfei2006
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Batch Renaming: Change files' extensions in many sub-directories

Hi all - I'm trying to rename a large number of files all at once and need some help figuring out the command line syntax to do it. I've already done quite a bit of research with the rename and mv commands, but so far haven't found a solution that seems to work for me. So: The files exist... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave920
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using dots to change directories

how would i go down a directory using the ../.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get directories colored when doing change directory and tab

I am trying to navigate between directories using cd. However, the only way to distinguish directories now is by seeing the "/' after the directory names, which is quite inefficient. How can I make the directories look in color when typing cd and then using the tab key to list the files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehunter
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change chmod on files in diff directories

I am looking for a small script to crawl through several directories and change a couple of files in each directory to read write status. Anyone have any ideas ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ".." to change directories in a ksh script

I have an issue driving me bonkers. I have a ksh script that requires changing directories. If a argument "TEST" is passed in, this is a regression test execution of the script (as opposed to production execution). I have a directory entitled "TEST" that is located three directory locations ABOVE... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe cipale
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Permissions on files and directories

Hey, It's me again. Have a problem, that's not really a problem. I have the below script, that goes to the directory I want it to go to. lists out the directories available, lets you choose the directory you want, then it changes the permissions on said directory. using chmod -R and chown -R. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)