Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print Nth to last field
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print Nth to last field Post 302729269 by vgersh99 on Friday 9th of November 2012 11:50:29 AM
Old 11-09-2012
use 'nawk' instead of 'awk' on Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substitute variable value in nth field

I have a large csv file that looks like this: The 3rd field is a unix time stamp that I want to convert to human readable. I wrote a bash script with this code: IFS=$',' cat $1 | while read ID user DATE text flags read; do echo -e "$ID,$user,$(date -d @$DATE),$text,$flags,$read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to get the nth field of the variable

Below is the format of my file which consist of 1)BSB 2)BSB/ADS 3)CIB 4)CIB/CRH 5)CIB/DCC 6)CIB/EMD 7)CIB/GDSPresentation 8)CIB/HCH 9)CIB/HSM 10)CIB/MCH 11)CIB/RCH 12)COB 13)DCI 14)DIB 15)DIB/H2H 16)DIB/HotelSync 17)DIB/UADBA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change field separator only from nth field until NF

Hi ! input: 111|222|333|aaa|bbb|ccc 999|888|777|nnn|kkk 444|666|555|eee|ttt|ooo|ppp With awk, I am trying to change the FS "|" to "; " only from the 4th field until the end (the number of fields vary between records). In order to get: 111|222|333|aaa; bbb; ccc 999|888|777|nnn; kkk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beca123456
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk product of nth field

How do I do the product of nth filed just like sum. For sum I know like awk '{ sum += $12 } END {printf "%.2f\n", sum}' works as initial sum = 0. But for product how do initialize the variable to 1? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nth field should have space and rest commas

Hello I was working on a script where the output of my file is 1234 4567 8973 43214 78965 I need the value in below format of this file.The nth field should have space instead of ,(comma) 1234,4567,8973,43214 78965 I tried the code but not working completely xargs <temp_PP.7250... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value of Nth field of nth row

Using Awk, how can I achieve the following? I have set of record numbers, for which, I have to replace the nth field with some values, say spaces. Eg: Set of Records : 4,9,10,55,89,etc I have to change the 8th field of all the above set of records to spaces (10 spaces). Its a delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

I have posted this again as old post is closed and I am not able to reopen. so please consider this new post Input File : 1,A,Completed,06.02_19.36,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Failed,07.04_05.12,Jul 21 19:06 3,CCCCC,New,07.21_03.03,Jul 26 12:57 4,DDDDD,Pending,, I wast output file as: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help changing date format in the nth field

Hi, I have two (2) things that I want to do. First is to change the date format that is in the nth field from MM/DD/YY to YY/MM/DD. Preferably, I wish I know how to make it a 4-digit year but I don't. Problem is I can only assume it is a 20 century Second is somehow know how to figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print lines based upon unique values in Nth field

For some reason I am having difficulty performing what should be a fairly easy task. I would like to print lines of a file that have a unique value in the first field. For example, I have a large data-set with the following excerpt: PS003,001 MZMWR/ L-DWD// * PS003,001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
4 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)