Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print Nth to last field
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print Nth to last field Post 302729221 by bartus11 on Friday 9th of November 2012 10:30:43 AM
Old 11-09-2012
Perl:
Code:
perl -lpe 's/(.*) at (.*)/$2 $1/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substitute variable value in nth field

I have a large csv file that looks like this: The 3rd field is a unix time stamp that I want to convert to human readable. I wrote a bash script with this code: IFS=$',' cat $1 | while read ID user DATE text flags read; do echo -e "$ID,$user,$(date -d @$DATE),$text,$flags,$read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to get the nth field of the variable

Below is the format of my file which consist of 1)BSB 2)BSB/ADS 3)CIB 4)CIB/CRH 5)CIB/DCC 6)CIB/EMD 7)CIB/GDSPresentation 8)CIB/HCH 9)CIB/HSM 10)CIB/MCH 11)CIB/RCH 12)COB 13)DCI 14)DIB 15)DIB/H2H 16)DIB/HotelSync 17)DIB/UADBA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change field separator only from nth field until NF

Hi ! input: 111|222|333|aaa|bbb|ccc 999|888|777|nnn|kkk 444|666|555|eee|ttt|ooo|ppp With awk, I am trying to change the FS "|" to "; " only from the 4th field until the end (the number of fields vary between records). In order to get: 111|222|333|aaa; bbb; ccc 999|888|777|nnn; kkk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beca123456
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk product of nth field

How do I do the product of nth filed just like sum. For sum I know like awk '{ sum += $12 } END {printf "%.2f\n", sum}' works as initial sum = 0. But for product how do initialize the variable to 1? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nth field should have space and rest commas

Hello I was working on a script where the output of my file is 1234 4567 8973 43214 78965 I need the value in below format of this file.The nth field should have space instead of ,(comma) 1234,4567,8973,43214 78965 I tried the code but not working completely xargs <temp_PP.7250... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value of Nth field of nth row

Using Awk, how can I achieve the following? I have set of record numbers, for which, I have to replace the nth field with some values, say spaces. Eg: Set of Records : 4,9,10,55,89,etc I have to change the 8th field of all the above set of records to spaces (10 spaces). Its a delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

I have posted this again as old post is closed and I am not able to reopen. so please consider this new post Input File : 1,A,Completed,06.02_19.36,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Failed,07.04_05.12,Jul 21 19:06 3,CCCCC,New,07.21_03.03,Jul 26 12:57 4,DDDDD,Pending,, I wast output file as: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help changing date format in the nth field

Hi, I have two (2) things that I want to do. First is to change the date format that is in the nth field from MM/DD/YY to YY/MM/DD. Preferably, I wish I know how to make it a 4-digit year but I don't. Problem is I can only assume it is a 20 century Second is somehow know how to figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print lines based upon unique values in Nth field

For some reason I am having difficulty performing what should be a fairly easy task. I would like to print lines of a file that have a unique value in the first field. For example, I have a large data-set with the following excerpt: PS003,001 MZMWR/ L-DWD// * PS003,001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)