Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't log in with -P for isql Post 302729155 by nypreH on Friday 9th of November 2012 07:48:49 AM
Old 11-09-2012
Hi Hergp,

Yes, exactly! I have $ in the password...
Is there any way to provide password with $ or not?
Anyhow, I can just change password, so problemis solved, but just interesting.. Smilie

Huge thanks man,
you helped me a lot!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

isql

What does the isql command do for solaris 8???? Is this something that comes with solaris because I have it at work but not at home. Plus does anyone know a good SQL site where I could learn all the sql commands thankx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding isql

can anyone pls explain me the command $ isql -Usa -SIN63DS -Pgoalmal 1>load database STS_IN_PRD from "/STSDBBakup/ AEOD20030509" 2>go thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql in shell script help

Hello all... i'm trying to execute a shell script through crontab. To run at 8pm on wednesday's The crontab entry: 00 20 * * 3 /u2/dir1/dir2/jobs/p.sh the p.sh file: isql -s claims /u2/dir1/dir3/dir4/a.sql permissions for it are -rwxrwx--x i've confirmed a.sql is in that directory. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrviking
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql behaviour with different shells

Hi, We are using isql in our scripts to connect to sybase dataserver on Solaris See the following snippet: isql -U${USER} -S${SERVER} -w999 <<- EOB ${PASSWD} use ${QS_DBNAME} go EOB The above code works even if there are spaces before the ${PASSWORD} But if we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justsam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql - select ... where ...

Hi, Please help me to solve this problem on Unix isql. Following is an example table and expected select result. I need to select NAMEs where those NAMEs don't have a record which TYPE='T1'. I tried, but got both N2 and N3. NAME TYPE DATA --------------------- N1 T1 D11 N2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: momi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql output

hi all i m running following code # set up environment . /u/pimms/pimms_global.ksh echo "Get record from database" #echo ${PIMMS_ID} #echo ${PIMMS_PWD} #echo "1" isql -U${PIMMD_ID} -P${PIMMS_PWD} -S$SRV << eof > /sybase/applications/pimms/bin/automate1.txt use pimms ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISQL - SELECT AS

I have been given an SQL script I need to convert to ISQl. In the styatement it has the following line which is flagging an error: Select stocknum as 'bipart' this comes up with: 201: A syntax error has occurred Does ISQL support the SELCT AS statement and if not is there a simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andydb70
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ISQL syntax

Hi All, I'm niks and i'm a newbie here and newbie in shell, i'm just wondering what is the meaning of -U -P -S in the sample script below. "-U iccbs_dbo -P iccbsdbo -S CCB_REO" Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using iSQL and variables

I have searched the forums and other sites and cannot come with the applicable approach for what I am trying to do. I am trying to setup a cron job that executes this script. The script uses iSQL - which is connecting ok - to then query a field and then assign that field to a variable to do an If... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: courtneyjh
4 Replies

10. Programming

New to ISQL

Hello, I am having sybase database want to use ISQL to extract some data. Can someone please provide the link from where i can download freeware ISQL. Also documents which i can read and know 1. How to get he list of tables. 2. How to check data inside the table. 3. How to make queries etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
1 Replies
yppasswd(1yp)															     yppasswd(1yp)

Name
       yppasswd - change password in yellow pages (YP) service.

Syntax
       yppasswd [ name ]

Description
       The  command lets you change your password in the yellow pages (YP) map, a network data base service.  Only you or the superuser can change
       your YP password.

When you enter the command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Note that  the  passwords  are  not
       displayed on the screen.

Next,  the  program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly.  If you do not type the passwords cor-
       rectly, you will receive an error message after you enter the new password.

Your new YP password must meet one of the following requirements:

o It must be a combination of at least six alphanumeric characters, or

o It must be a minimum of four characters, with at least one being non-alphanumeric, such as a control sequence.
       The command does not change the YP password.  This command only changes the local password file and not the YP master password  file.   See
       Chapter 3 of the Guide to the Yellow Pages Service for further information.

Diagnostics
       Please use a longer password
       Your new password does not meet the minimum length requirement.

Mismatch- password unchanged
       You misspelled your new password or its verification.

couldn't change passwd
       Your new password can not be activated. It must be different from your old password and your login name.

Files
       Password file

Yellow Pages directory

See Also
       passwd(1), passwd(5yp), ypfiles(5yp), yppasswdd(8yp)
       Guide to the Yellow Pages Service

yppasswd(1yp)