Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Permission Denied to transfer files Post 302729077 by Kapom on Friday 9th of November 2012 03:41:46 AM
Old 11-09-2012
Permission Denied to transfer files

Hi,

I got a problem about new user that will be used by another system to transfer files. It threw back with error as below.

Code:
ftp> put pom.txt
200 PORT command successful.
553 pom.txt: Permission denied.

I'm not sure that's because the destination directory was created by another user. How should I do? Please suggest me Smilie

Ex
Destination directory was created by user A
Files was transfered by user B

Thanks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-09-2012 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied

Hi, I can not execute a .env file $ . /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env -bash: /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env: Permission denied Even if : -rwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 2903 Mar 5 2007 /Data/oracle/d03/mydbora/8.0.6/MYDB.env Please help. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp transfer permission denied

I am using a Cobalt Raq4 with Apache web server. I am trying to set the intermediate SSL certificate. I have edited httpd.conf and have created the intermediate SSL certificate text file. However when I try to upload the text file via ftp I get a "Permission denied" message. I am the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

"Permission Denied" while modifying mounted files on MAC

Hi, I have two machines 1. MacOSx (Users --> userMac , IP - a.b.c.d) 2. FreeBSD (Users --> userBSD, IP- p.q.r.s) I want to modify some files of FreeBSD on my MacOS. So, I mounted the FreeBSD folder on my Mac as follows. $ sudo mount -o -P p.q.r.s:/usr/home/user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to transfer files between 2 UNIX servers, with same folder permission

I need to transfer directories/files between 2 Unix servers, with same folder permission. I tried scp, but it retains the the permissions, but changes the owner of the directory/file to the user used to copy them to the destination. I don't want that to happen. If possible without any other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
6 Replies

9. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
apertium-preprocess-transfer(1) 										   apertium-preprocess-transfer(1)

NAME
apertium-preprocess-transfer - This application is part of ( apertium ) This tool is part of the open-source apertium machine translation toolbox: http://www.apertium.org. SYNOPSIS
apertium-preprocess-transfer rules_file transfer_file DESCRIPTION
apertium-preprocess-transfer is a structural transfer preprocessor which reads in a structural transfer rule file and generates a file with precompiled patterns and indexes to the actions of the rules of the structural transfer module specification. FILES
These are the two files that can be used with this command: rules_file File with structural transfer rules transfer_file File with precompiled patterns SEE ALSO
apertium-translator(1), apertium(1), apertium-transfer(1). BUGS
Lots of...lurking in the dark and waiting for you! AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2005, 2006 Universitat d'Alacant / Universidad de Alicante. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. 2006-03-08 apertium-preprocess-transfer(1)