Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Service is restarting too quickly Post 302729065 by bartus11 on Friday 9th of November 2012 03:19:53 AM
Old 11-09-2012
Post contents of the log: /var/svc/log/application-management-snmpdx:default.log
This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help quickly..

I want to pass arguments to a sh program and I want to use these arguments in the program as variables? Will I use argc and argv in a main function can anyone around me write the full code please for example when I write in th command sh myprogram.sh argument1 argument2 I want to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restarting lpd service question

Hi, Im wondering, if I do a restart of my lpd service, will it clear the print queue? Or will the file in queue will still be there after the restart? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nayas
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

difference between restarting a daemon and a service

Hi, Can you please clear me the difference between restarting the daemon and the service. To be more clear, /etc/init.d/mysqld restart and /etc/init.d/mysqld restart What is the difference on this both two?..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp - restarting too quickly issue

on my sol10x86 10/08 box, i needed to remove the native snmp agent (sma) for net-snmp-5.4.2.1. once net-snmp was configured and installed, i reconfigured the appropriate files of smf and attempted to restart. service was put into maintenance mode: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help quickly

Hello everyone! I am new here and by new i don't mean only in this place, but in this shell scripting area. I started learning about Operation Systems only 2 months ago. I want to learn more but i found a problem which I don't really know how to solve. :confused: I have a directory with 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stripes07
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SSH : Restarting too quickly, changing state to maintenance

Hi, I'm new to Solaris. I have an issue with ssh service. When I restart the service it exits with an exit status of 0 $svcadm restart svc:/network/ssh:default $echo $? 0 $ However, the service goes into maintenance mode after restart. I'm able to connect even though the service is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)