Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem run script inside a gnome-terminal Post 302728909 by evandrojr on Thursday 8th of November 2012 04:32:15 PM
Old 11-08-2012
Wrench That will keep the window open

Code:
echo -n “Press any key to continue…”
CFG=`stty -g`
stty -echo -icanon
dd count=1 1>/dev/null 2>&1
stty $CFG
echo

Last edited by Franklin52; 11-09-2012 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

run script through terminal

for all friends i am using linux enterprise 4. i installed oracle 10g in user name oracle.at the end of install i got a pop up window saying that u should run the following scripts(root.sh,orainstRoot.sh) in terminal from root account(cui) without log out oracle account . how i can run these... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiquep
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with gnome-terminal

Hello everyone. This is my first post.:o Using Ubuntu 8.04 and bash 3.2.39 i'm trying to adapt my routine to this platform. So, this means forget xterm and use gnome-terminal (as default ubuntu terminal). EveryDay i need to connect to several servers, and i've made a Tcl'script to make this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trutoman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - gnome terminal shell scripting

I've a python script named rwe.py. I'm running the program in three separate terminals. If one of the executing program stops . I want to leave the terminal as it is so that i can see the error. i wrote a the below script and used cron to run it every one hour to check if the three programs are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msteve2002
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set terminal width inside a shell script

Hi all, I have a shell script which uses "mailx -H" to get the subject of a email in a Linux system. However, the subject is truncated, and I think it has something to do with the terminal width because it only returns the first 80 characters of each line. I have tried "stty columns"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mezzo
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run bash script without terminal

How can I make a bash script that keeps on running after I have closed the terminal? Or a script that runs without having the terminal window open? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

8. Linux

How to open a gnome-terminal in specific workspace and run script within it automatically upon login

OK this is a bit messy. I run Fedora with gnome on a compiz desktop, I have a script (userstart) that opens my 'standard' environment for all my machines when I login. userstart flips to a specific workspace and then opens the required applications in that workspace then flips to the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open gnome-terminal with multi tabs and automatically run a script in each tab

Hi All , i am trying to create an alias to open a new gnome-terminal and run some commands in each tab & to have a specific name for each tab i am using csh , tried this command gnome-terminal --tab -t "s1" --tab -t "s2" --tab -t "s3" --tab -t "s4" it opened 4 tabs but the title didn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assem
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in new terminal

Hi Guys, I have a script that runs certain simulations in batch mode. I need to schedule some simulations to run over night. For each simulation to complete it should be run in separate terminal. My script is as follows sh run_test.sh <arg1> <arg2> <arg3> ... I need to launch this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
5 Replies
odld(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   odld(8)

NAME
odld - Daemon that supports the Software On-Demand Loading (SoftODL) service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/odld user-id group-id odl-db OPERANDS
Identifies the user process. Specifies the group to which the user belongs. Specifies the location of font files accessed by the daemon. DESCRIPTION
The odld daemon supports the Software On-Demand Loading (SoftODL) service. This service handles font files for user-defined characters. It is available only when optional Tru64 UNIX subsets with software for Chinese, Japanese, or Korean are installed on the system. The odld daemon processes the font loading requests issued by the Asian terminal driver (atty) through the utx pseudo device driver. The odl parameter of the stty command spawns the odld daemon (see stty(1)). The stty command includes additional parameters that affect SoftODL operation. FILES
The utx device special files SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1), utxd(8) Files: cp_dirs(4), atty(7), utx(7) Others: odl(5) odld(8)