Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: auto mount
Operating Systems Linux SuSE auto mount Post 302728857 by j_aix on Thursday 8th of November 2012 02:32:20 PM
Old 11-08-2012
Whenever the user logs in they should be in /home/user

If that user then wants to su to a different user and be in that users home directory, you have to su in this way:
Code:
su - new_user

If you su without the "-" you will stay within your own home directory:

su new_user
Password:
suseserver01:/home/user # id
uid=10066(new_user) gid=61000(linux users)

Hope that's not stating the painfully obvious Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto mount point

hi can i know what is the command to create auto mount point in my unix server? is there any directory which i have to go? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto mount

Hi, I have written this Auto mount using script. xterm -e mount/filesrv xterm -e /root/parameters/param.sh& xterm -e /root/parameters/prnscript/makePRN.sh& xterm -e /root/parameters.Releasechecker.sh& After Executing this script. I am getting 6 screens. It supposed to get only 3 screens. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyani
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDROM Doesn't Auto Mount - Solaris 9

On Sun Fire V240, cdrom doesn't automount. I can manually mount the cdrom, however it pretty annoying. I have checked the vold demon and its seems to be running. Here is the output from /etc/inetd.conf pg inetd.conf daytime stream tcp6 nowait root internal daytime dgram udp6 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshafi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

auto mount lofs

Hi All, I want to mount one directory to other. i.e /export/home/dju to /dju It's like a link ( link -s ). but I don't want to use this( link method ) . I try to use : mount -F lofs /export/home/dju /dju the question is, how do I use this mount method with automount ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdjuarsa
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Problem to auto mount on NFS server

I am new in Ubuntu and i use Ubuntu 7.10, and have problem to mount automatic when i reboot computer, Here is my /etc/fstab 192.168.0.91:/home/DATA/it /home/USER/usertest/Documents/Z nfs defaults 0 0 I try many option in that line, but the result is same, I cannot automatic mounting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS VS Auto Mount problem

Dear All, Struck with a peculiar problem a) /opt/a is auto mounted to /home/a for User:a When the User logs in to the server his home directory is getting mounted from the autofs i.e /home/a (/opt/a), Instead is has to mount the User home dir from NIS which is /home/a (from NIS). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiprashant
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable and disable the auto mount

How to enable and disable the auto mount option for USB devices.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto mount/rsync/detach script

Hi All, I have got a box here running FreeNAS and have started to hack at someone elses script to make it do what I want. In particular his script was; 1) encrypting the USB attached device - which I dont need. 2) repeated beeping when finished (one long beep would be fine) 3) I dont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigal.nz
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to auto mount remote sshfss over network

I have the folorwing three shel accounts on remote servers which i would like to auto mount at boot, bu have the auto mount be preceded by a check for an active Ethernet or 802.11 connection prito running the sshfs command. porter@tty.freeshelll.org cent1750@tty.freeshell.org... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
0 Replies

10. Solaris

auto mount SMB share on Solaris 10

I CANNOT use autmounter so should I just write the command as an /etc/rc script or is it possible to auto mount the share via the vfstab? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4 Replies
qmail-getpw(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               qmail-getpw(8)

NAME
qmail-getpw - give addresses to users SYNOPSIS
qmail-getpw local DESCRIPTION
In qmail, each user controls a vast array of local addresses. qmail-getpw finds the user that controls a particular address, local. It prints six pieces of information, each terminated by NUL: user; uid; gid; homedir; dash; and ext. The user's account name is user; the user's uid and gid in decimal are uid and gid; the user's home directory is homedir; and messages to local will be handled by home- dir/.qmaildashext. In case of trouble, qmail-getpw exits nonzero without printing anything. WARNING: The operating system's getpwnam function, which is at the heart of qmail-getpw, is inherently unreliable: it fails to distinguish between temporary errors and nonexistent users. Future versions of getpwnam should return ETXTBSY to indicate temporary errors and ESRCH to indicate nonexistent users. RULES
qmail-getpw considers an account in /etc/passwd to be a user if (1) the account has a nonzero uid, (2) the account's home directory exists (and is visible to qmail-getpw), and (3) the account owns its home directory. qmail-getpw ignores account names containing uppercase let- ters. qmail-getpw also assumes that all account names are shorter than 32 characters. qmail-getpw gives each user control over the basic user address and all addresses of the form user-anything. When local is user, dash and ext are both empty. When local is user-anything, dash is a hyphen and ext is anything. user may appear in any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters at the front of local. A catch-all user, alias, controls all other addresses. In this case ext is local and dash is a hyphen. You can override all of qmail-getpw's decisions with the qmail-users mechanism, which is reliable, highly configurable, and much faster than qmail-getpw. SEE ALSO
qmail-users(5), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-getpw(8)