Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract directory from full file name? Post 302728771 by RudiC on Thursday 8th of November 2012 11:46:58 AM
Old 11-08-2012
Try to run the script with the -x option set and publish the log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only file name from full path file name

What is the smartest way to just extract file name from a full path name. e.g. if I have /usr/sanjay/bin/file_name.c I want only file_name.c Sanjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract a sub directory form a tar file

anyone know if it is possable to extract a subdirectory in a tar file. IE tarfile contains parent dir -sub dir A -sub dir B I want to extract sub dir B. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find full directory and delete old dated file?

I want to write a code that will look for a particular directory which is full or more than 95% used, and will search older file and delete it. My code looks like this: df -k|while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 do if expr '$f5' -ge '95%' || continue then echo $f5 else echo "there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract directory from a file path

Im trying to extract a directory from a path entered by the user Lets say the path is path=/home/bliss/files/myfile.txt i wanna extract "/home/bliss/files" from $path ... how can i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract a folder from a full path

Hi everyone, I have different folders which looks like this: /mnt/ecrm/master/ecrm/templates/brochure/de_DE/zeitlos.ott /mnt/ecrm/master/ecrm/templates/mail/en_US/default.html /templates/header_and_footer/en_US/default.txt I want to get the bold text only in a variable. I already have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evilass
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract every filename containing certain string in a directory and do some commend per file

Hi, Here is my question: suppose I have files like 1990_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1991_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1992_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1993_8xdaily_atmos.nc 1990_daily_atmos.nc 1991_daily_atmos.nc 1992_daily_atmos.nc 1993_daily_atmos.nc 1990_month_atmos.nc 1991_month_atmos.nc 1992_month_atmos.nc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1988PF
1 Replies

8. Solaris

HOW TO extract.tar file to specific directory..?

Hi all, In Solaris howto extract tar file to specific folder. This is what we do in Linux, but how to do the same thing in Solaris ? -tar -xzvf /tmp/etc.tar.bz -C /tmp (Will extract in /tmp dir) 3.gzip COMPRESSION AND EXTRACTION -tar -czvf /tmp/etc.tar.bz /etc -du ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a single file from a tar file to another directory

Hi, I need to extract a single file from a tar file to another directory. So far I have this: This one extract a single file to same directory: tar -xvf filename.tar ./file.txt I tried this but its not working tar -xvf filename.tar /home/dir ./file.txt or this: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies
avahi-publish-service(1)				      General Commands Manual					  avahi-publish-service(1)

NAME
avahi-publish-service - Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name or address mapping using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-publish -s [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish-service [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish -a [options] host name address avahi-publish-address [options] host name address DESCRIPTION
Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name/address mapping using the Avahi daemon. The daemon is not the standard Avahi daemon but a proxy to a Bonjour daemon. OPTIONS
When calling in service registration mode, specify a DNS-SD service name (e.g. "Lennart's Files"), a service type (e.g. _http._tcp) and an IP port number for the service, optionally followed by any number of TXT record strings on the command line. When calling in address/host name registration mode specify a fully qualified host name and an address (IPv4 or IPv6). -s | --service Register a service. avahi-publish-service is equivalent to avahi-publish -s. -a | --address Register an address/host name mapping. avahi-publish-address is equivalent to avahi-publish -a. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -H | --host= HOSTNAME Specify a host name for this service, in case it doesn't reside on the local host. This host name needs to be fully qualified and resolvable using mDNS or unicast DNS. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Publish the service in the specified domain. If omitted the Avahi daemon will publish it in its default domain (usually .local). --subtype= SUBTYPE Register the service with an additional subtype in addition to the main type. DNS-SD subtypes have the form _anon._sub._ftp._tcp, where _anon is the identifier of the subtype and _ftp._tcp is the main type. You may pass this option multiple times to register the service with multiple subtypes. -f | --no-fail Don't fail if the daemon is not found running. Instead, wait until it appears. If it disconnects, try to reconnect. -h | --help Show help -V | --version Show version information. SEE ALSO
avahi-resolve(1), avahi-browse(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-publish-service(1)