Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn shell behaviour in AIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell behaviour in AIX Post 302728605 by jyoung on Thursday 8th of November 2012 07:26:36 AM
Old 11-08-2012
It works for me if I execute it this way:
Code:
./testcode

This was done on AIX 5.2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any explanation for thsi shell script behaviour

hello whats the difference between excuting a shell script as a)sh myscript.sh b). ./myscript.sh i noticed that my shell script works fine when i run it as . ./myscript .sh but fails when i run it as sh myscript.sh could anybody explain why. the shell script is very simple ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
9 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 4.2 Korn shell and grep question

Ho do I find out the verion of the Kron shell on my client`s system ? There is no one to ask. They are not knowledged enough (hard to believe but yes). Also, on that AIX 4.2, I am trying to figure out how to do a grep using a search patter like below but does not seam to work. The '*' do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spaces behaviour in shell

Hello, I am a bit puzzled by the way my shell treats spaces in filenames. An example will be way clearer than any explanation I can make: $ ls test\ file\ with\ spaces test file with spaces $ var="test\ file\ with\ spaces" $ echo $var test\ file\ with\ spaces $ ls $var ls: cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDelroen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX Korn shell sed -s problem

In a Korn shell script I have, cat ../header | sed -e 's/flag1/$cnumb/g' > header.txt The header is short {{Company flag1}} But the result in header.txt is {{Company $cnumb}} The value of $cnumb is 120. I am trying to get the value of $cnumb into the header. I have tried /'$cnumb'/g,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcarrott
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell: reconcile language and sort behaviour

Hi Don't know if this is a dummy question, but let's give it a try. I yesterday had a problem with undefined behaviour in the sort shell command (I'm using bash), leading to different sort orders without apparent reasons. I resolved this by typing export LC_ALL="C" export LC_COLLATE="C"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of 'if -f' options - AIX / Korn Shell

Hi all, Can someone point me in the right direction for a manual on the various statement options for 'if'. Basically I have a piece of code which says: if ] and I wondered what the -f was. I know the '!' means not equal.. As usual any help much appreciated.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help when using Typeset in AIX Korn Shell

Guys, please help! I am currently using an AIX server however whenever I tried to use the typeset -F3, the variable is resulting with a "#". In the given example below, I declared x to be a decimal holding 3 decimal places = 1.455. However whenever I tried to echo the $x, the resulting value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution inside of a variable expression (AIX, KORN)

Hello all. This is my first post/question on this site. I’m a new Systems Analyst with previous experience with BASH. Although now I'm using AIX, and I’m trying to get a feel for the Korn shell (for those of you that don’t know AIX only uses the KORN shell). I hope I put this into the correct... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydox
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent behaviour of sed - UNIX AIX 5.3

Hi there. I'm facing a strange & an intriguing behaviour with sed while replacing the tab character with a space reading from a file. It randomly works sometimes but mostly doesn't work. Below is what's happening- <tab> here is the actual literal tab. user1> cat temp2 1<tab>2<tab>3 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak.Dhami
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Strange behaviour in AIX

Can someone please explain the strange behaviour.. I was just trying a few things to learn awk.. in the below code when I start the braces in the same line, the output is as expected, when I start at next line, output is displayed twice. Please see the file, code I tried and output below. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)