Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issues while pattern matching using grep Post 302728471 by guruprasadpr on Thursday 8th of November 2012 12:20:51 AM
Old 11-08-2012
Hi

Code:
$ sed -n '/Post /s/Post s/\n&/p' file
Post Requests : 2
Post successes : 2

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern matching vs. grep

I originally had a shell script that did a grep 10 times to pull out the number of times a certain pattern occured in a file: ie... aOccurances=`grep aPattern file|wc -l` bOccurances=`grep bPattern file|wc -l` ... ... ... fOccurances=`grep fPattern file|wc -l` As the file got bigger with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: junkmail426
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep only word matching the pattern

Hi gurus, A file contains many words in format "ABC.XXXX.XXXX.X.GET.LOG" (X->varying). Now my shell script want this list (only words in formatABC.XXXX.XXXX.X.GET.LOG ) to continue the process. Pls help me. Thanks, Poova. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding pattern matching used in a grep command

I have the following code. I want to remove the --sort=num/num/... and am using grep to exclude it as shown below: I have a bit of problem figuring out the use of - at the front echo "--sort=4/5/6" | grep -ivE '-((sort|group)=+/+(/+)*)$' Now suppose I want to remove --quiet I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep log file to get line above matching pattern

Hi, I have a log file that looks like this "delete" : { "_type" : "cl", "_id" : "1000600000000562636", "_version" : 1, "status" : 200, "found" : false } }, { "delete" : { "_type" : "cl", "_id" : "1000600000000562643", ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
Font::TTF::Post(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Font::TTF::Post(3pm)

NAME
Font::TTF::Post - Holds the Postscript names for each glyph DESCRIPTION
Holds the postscript names for glyphs. Note that they are not held as an array, but as indexes into two lists. The first list is the standard Postscript name list defined by the TrueType standard. The second comes from the font directly. Looking up a glyph from a Postscript name or a name from a glyph number is achieved through methods rather than variable lookup. This class handles PostScript table types of 1, 2, 2.5 & 3, but not version 4. Support for version 2.5 is as per Apple spec rather than MS. The way to look up Postscript names or glyphs is: $pname = $f->{'post'}{'VAL'}[$gnum]; $gnum = $f->{'post'}{'STRINGS'}{$pname}; INSTANCE VARIABLES
Due to different systems having different limitations, there are various class variables available to control what post table types can be written. $Font::TTF::Post::no25 If set tells Font::TTF::Post::out to use table type 2 instead of 2.5 in case apps can't handle version 2.5. VAL Contains an array indexed by glyph number of Postscript names. This is used when writing out a font. STRINGS An associative array of Postscript names mapping to the highest glyph with that name. These may not be in sync with VAL. In addition there are the standard introductory variables defined in the standard: FormatType italicAngle underlinePosition underlineThickness isFixedPitch minMemType42 maxMemType42 minMemType1 maxMemType1 METHODS
$t->read Reads the Postscript table into memory from disk $t->out($fh) Writes out a new Postscript name table from memory or copies from disk $t->XML_element($context, $depth, $key, $val) Outputs the names as one block of XML BUGS
o No support for type 4 tables AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 Font::TTF::Post(3pm)