Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issues while pattern matching using grep Post 302728469 by RP09 on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 11:52:10 PM
Old 11-08-2012
Issues while pattern matching using grep

Hi,

I have a file f1 wi the following data

f1.txt
========

Report ID
Report Name
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Post Requests : 2 Post successes : 2

=============================================

I need to search for the word "Post" and copy them in a different file with the out put as below:

output.txt should be
================
Post Requests:2
Post successes:2

Please help me on this!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl pattern matching vs. grep

I originally had a shell script that did a grep 10 times to pull out the number of times a certain pattern occured in a file: ie... aOccurances=`grep aPattern file|wc -l` bOccurances=`grep bPattern file|wc -l` ... ... ... fOccurances=`grep fPattern file|wc -l` As the file got bigger with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: junkmail426
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep only word matching the pattern

Hi gurus, A file contains many words in format "ABC.XXXX.XXXX.X.GET.LOG" (X->varying). Now my shell script want this list (only words in formatABC.XXXX.XXXX.X.GET.LOG ) to continue the process. Pls help me. Thanks, Poova. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding pattern matching used in a grep command

I have the following code. I want to remove the --sort=num/num/... and am using grep to exclude it as shown below: I have a bit of problem figuring out the use of - at the front echo "--sort=4/5/6" | grep -ivE '-((sort|group)=+/+(/+)*)$' Now suppose I want to remove --quiet I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep log file to get line above matching pattern

Hi, I have a log file that looks like this "delete" : { "_type" : "cl", "_id" : "1000600000000562636", "_version" : 1, "status" : 200, "found" : false } }, { "delete" : { "_type" : "cl", "_id" : "1000600000000562643", ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead - LDAPv3 Post-Read control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw( LDAP_CONTROL_POSTREAD LDAP_SUCCESS ); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $postread = Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead->new( attrs => [ qw/givenName/ ] ); my $mesg = $ldap->modify( "cn=Barbara Jensen, o=University of Michigan, c=US", replace => { givenName => "Babs" }, control => $postread ); if ($mesg->code eq LDAP_SUCCESS) { my ($afterwards) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_PREREAD ); my $entry = $afterwards ? $afterwards->entry() : undef; if ($entry) { print "givenName changed to '" . join("', '", $entry->get_value(givenName") . "' to 'Babs' "); } } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Post-Read Controls" as described by RFC 4527. In modification operations, the "Post-Read request control" indicates to the server that a copy of the modified entry after the update is to be returned. After the successful completion of the operation, the accompanying "Post-Read response control" allows one to retrieve the updated value from the servers's response. One use case of this control may be to obtain values of operational attributes, such as the "entryUUID" and "modifyTimestamp" attributes, updated by the server as part of the update operation. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. attrs => [ ATTR, ... ] A list of attributes to be returned in the entry returned in the response control. If absent, all attributes are returned. Operational attributes may be included in the list by explicitly asking for them or by using special "+" feature (provided the server supports this feature). METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. In addition to these methods, the control also supports the following method: entry () Returns the entry from the response control in the response message to the LDAP request that contained the request control. The result is either a Net::LDAP::Entry object or undefined. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4527.txt AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008,2011 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)