Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help me to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat Linux . Post 302728417 by Vryali on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 07:38:28 PM
Old 11-07-2012
Install nmon and read up on that. Great for stuff like this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How often should I monitor the CPU and memory usage ?

Hi all, When you monitor the CPU and memory usage, how often do you do it ? Do it too often or too rarely will both cause the problem. So does anyone have hand-on experience ? And for my case, the requirement says that when CPU usage is above X% or memory usage is above Y%, I should reject... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
5 Replies

5. Linux

Internet Usage Monitor for Linux

I have installed Ubuntu and i want to monitor the internet usage. Is there any software for linux for monitoring the internet usage? (preferabaly opensource) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. AIX

Monitor Physical CPU usage on multiple servers

Hello, Looking for some help. I am trying to gather data at each server showing when the physical CPU is being used the most based on a weekly timeframe. I know this data can be seen through NMON but with multiple servers in our environment it could take a real long time. is there a easier... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Monotring cpu and VMstat in Redhat Linux

Hi , Please some one help me out . How to write a shell cript to monitor cpu usage vmstat and in Redhat linux . vmstat out put should be in percentage. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to monitor cpu and VMstat, iostat

Hi , I am new to scripting. please help me out how to write a script to monitor cpu , vmstat, iostat in Redhat linux. we are doing the load test. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies
inc::Module::Install(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 inc::Module::Install(3pm)

NAME
inc::Module::Install - Module::Install configuration system SYNOPSIS
use inc::Module::Install; DESCRIPTION
This module first checks whether the inc/.author directory exists, and removes the whole inc/ directory if it does, so the module author always get a fresh inc every time they run Makefile.PL. Next, it unshifts "inc" into @INC, then loads Module::Install from there. Below is an explanation of the reason for using a loader module: The original implementation of CPAN::MakeMaker introduces subtle problems for distributions ending with "CPAN" (e.g. CPAN.pm, WAIT::Format::CPAN), because its placement in ./CPAN/ duplicates the real libraries that will get installed; also, the directory name ./CPAN/ may confuse users. On the other hand, putting included, for-build-time-only libraries in ./inc/ is a normal practice, and there is little chance that a CPAN distribution will be called "Something::inc", so it's much safer to use. Also, it allows for other helper modules like Module::AutoInstall to reside also in inc/, and to make use of them. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004 Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 inc::Module::Install(3pm)