Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need explaination for a function please Post 302728411 by Corona688 on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 07:04:26 PM
Old 11-07-2012
It returns some details on what you can and can't do to a file or terminal.

See man 3 fpathconf.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

I would like to know the explaination.

Hi, I'm new to LINUX Scripting, I would like to know the full explaination of the below scripts. thank you. 1st script #! /bin/sh . /opt/home/hssadmin/cindy/formatxml.env `testrecord.scp` `testEXGU.scp` 2nd Script #! /bin/sh . /opt/home/hssadmin/cindy/formatxml.env cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AudreyEliza
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for awk code explaination

{ # print NF,NR,$0; if ( ($(NF-1) != 0) && ($NF != 0) ) {if ($(NF-1) > $NF) {percent=$(NF-1)/$NF-1;} else {percent=$NF/$(NF-1)-1;} } printf "%8.4f\%\n",percent*100; if (percent > 0.05||percent < -0.05 ){exit 1;} }' Use code tags please, ty. Also try to use a more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosmat shani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on Behavior of awk command

Hello Admin, Could you pls explain on the below behavior of the awk command. $ awk -F">20" "/Cyclomatic complexity/ && /;add;/{print \$1}" inspect_64d_369980 | awk '{print $NF}' | sort | tail -1 65 $var=`awk -F">20" "/Cyclomatic complexity/ && /;add;/{print \$1}" inspect_64d_369980 | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on if true

Hi Team, I need to know why ppl use If true loop instead of just writing down the sequence of code lines. 1: echo "Line1" if true; then echo "Line2" fi echo "Line3" 2: echo "Line1" echo "Line2" echo "Line3" Could you explain what does the if true loop make difference in 1st compare... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on export command

Hello Team, Could you pls explain how export command works in below code: for i in ${!SDV_*}; do export $i done As per my understanding, if SDV_1=test1;SDV_2=test2;test1=var1;test2=var2then in for loop below export will get executed. export var1;export var2But, Will this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will files, creaetd in one function of the same script will be recognized in another function?

Dear All. I have a script, which process files one by one. In the script I have two functions. one sftp files to different server the other from existing file create file with different name. My question is: Will sftp function recognize files names , which are created in another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function - Make your function return an exit status

Hi All, Good Day, seeking for your assistance on how to not perform my 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.. function if my 1st function is in else condition. #Body function1() { if then echo "exist" else echo "not exist" } #if not exist in function1 my all other function will not proceed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
4 Replies
PATHCONF(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						       PATHCONF(2)

NAME
pathconf, fpathconf -- get configurable pathname variables SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> long pathconf(const char *path, int name); long fpathconf(int fd, int name); DESCRIPTION
The pathconf() and fpathconf() functions provides a method for applications to determine the current value of a configurable system limit or option variable associated with a pathname or file descriptor. For pathconf, the path argument is the name of a file or directory. For fpathconf, the fd argument is an open file descriptor. The name argument specifies the system variable to be queried. Symbolic constants for each name value are found in the include file <unistd.h>. The available values are as follows: _PC_LINK_MAX The maximum file link count. _PC_MAX_CANON The maximum number of bytes in terminal canonical input line. _PC_MAX_INPUT The minimum maximum number of bytes for which space is available in a terminal input queue. _PC_NAME_MAX The maximum number of bytes in a file name. _PC_PATH_MAX The maximum number of bytes in a pathname. _PC_PIPE_BUF The maximum number of bytes which will be written atomically to a pipe. _PC_CHOWN_RESTRICTED Return 1 if appropriate privileges are required for the chown(2) system call, otherwise 0. _PC_NO_TRUNC Return 1 if file names longer than KERN_NAME_MAX are truncated. _PC_VDISABLE Returns the terminal character disabling value. RETURN VALUES
If the call to pathconf or fpathconf is not successful, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. Otherwise, if the variable is associ- ated with functionality that does not have a limit in the system, -1 is returned and errno is not modified. Otherwise, the current variable value is returned. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the pathconf and fpathconf functions shall return -1 and set errno to the corresponding value. [EINVAL] The value of the name argument is invalid. [EINVAL] The implementation does not support an association of the variable name with the associated file. Pathconf() will fail if: [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded 255 characters, or an entire path name exceeded 1023 characters. [ENOENT] The named file does not exist. [EACCES] Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. Fpathconf() will fail if: [EBADF] fd is not a valid open file descriptor. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. SEE ALSO
sysctl(3) HISTORY
The pathconf and fpathconf functions first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 4, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution