Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE Post 302728377 by the0m3n on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 05:50:35 PM
Old 11-07-2012
Hi DGPickett,

Thatīs true.
I compared the files in the root home with other users and there are missing three files:
.ICEauthority
.TTauthority
.Xauthority

I created them but it didnīt work.
Maybe if I modify or copy some files it could be work.
But what files could be?

Any suggestions?

Regards.

DASM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote control of cde desktop>?

Does anyone know if there is software out there top allow me to take remote control of a remote CDE desktop like using MS netmeeting? I do not mean mimick the window I mean take over/share the same session. Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

remote CDE

Is there a way to connect to CDE remotely? Preferably using 'VNC'. I'd like to do this! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satinet
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

CDE remote login option (dtchooser)

Hello, how can I get a "remote login" option in the CDE login screen? My Solaris box offers that by default. I already found that this might be done by dtchooser, so I copied the /usr/dt/config/Xaccess to /etc/dt/config/Xaccess and uncommented the line * CHOOSER BROADCAST - but still no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ebbi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

CDE Remote Login is not Working !!!

Hi , I have SunBlade 150 Workstation (Solaris 9), I installed the OS again then when I try to login to any server using ( Options > Remote Login > Enter Host Name) after I entered any host name nothing happened just white page for 2 or 3 mintues then the login screen reseted to the local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How do I switch from CDE to Java Desktop in Solaris 10?

I am a newbie to Solaris/UNIX. I just installed Solaris 10 and accidentally chose CDE as my desktop instead of Java. How can I set Java Desktop as my desktop? Because before i installed my mechine is using java and more beauty from CDE.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

8. AIX

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
0 Replies

9. AIX

Display Issues on Common Desktop Enviroment CDE

I configured CDE on AIX server and lauched CDE from desktop using reflection 14.1. I can lauch xclock with my own id but when i Su to any other id and try xclock it is giving the follwoing error X connection to localhost:10.0 broken ( explicit kill or server shutdown). Please elp on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies
BURN(1) 							       Burn								   BURN(1)

NAME
burn - record from various sources to optical media (CD, DVD) SYNOPSIS
burn MAIN_MODE [OPTIONS]... [FILE/S]... burn --help DESCRIPTION
CD-writing program/script. Features Data-CD, Audio-CD, Copy on the fly, Iso-CD. CONFIGURATION
Configuration files for burn are: ~/.burnrc or /etc/burn.conf. You can edit them to change values. If you don't have these files you can: 1. use burn-configure utility 2. take the configuration template, edit and copy it as ~/.burnrc or /etc/burn.conf MAIN MODES
-D, --data-cd To create Data-CD -I, --iso-cd To create ISO-CD -C, --copy-cd To copy CDs -A, --audio-cd To create an audio CD from WAV, MP3 and ogg files EXAMPLES
# burn -D -p /etc/ Creates a CD with /etc/ contents. (you will find files and directories contained in /etc in CD's root.) # burn -D -p /home/bigpaul/video/summer_2003/spain.tar.gz Creates a CD with spain.tar.gz in CD's root # burn -D -r /etc/ Creates a CD containing the whole /etc/ directory. (-r preserves path) # burn -D -c /mail_2003 /home/bigpaul/Mail -p /boot/vmli* Creates a CD containing the whole /home/bigpaul/Mail renamed into /mail_2003. (-c changes path name). This command also adds in CD's root every vmli* file in /boot/ directory # burn -I -n image.iso Burns image.iso # burn -C Copy CDs (disk at once). # burn -A -a *.wav Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from wav files # burn -A -a *.mp3 Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from mp3 files # burn -A -a *.ogg Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from Ogg Vorbis files # burn -A -a *.mp3 file.ogg track01.wav Creates an Audio CD preserving input order. In this example the first audio tracks will come from mp3 files, than we will find the one from file.ogg and finally the one from track01.wav GENERAL OPTIONS
-s, --simulate to perform a burn simulation DATA-CD OPTIONS -p, --path add file/s or path's content to CD-ROM's root. e.g.: -p /cvs/myproj/. In this example we will find CD-ROM's root filled with /cvs/myproj/ contents, but no /cvs/myproj/ will be created -r, --preserve-path add file/s or path's content to CD-ROM preserving original path. e.g.: -r /cvs/myproj/. In this example we will find /cvs/myproj/ in CD-ROM's root -x, --exclude-path every file or directory matching this string will not be included -c, --change-path old_path will be named new_path in CD-ROM. e.g.: -c /my_home/2004_Jan/ /home/bigpaul/. Thus /home/bigpaul/ will be named /my_home/2004_Jan/ in CD-ROM. -l, --follow-symlink this option allows burn to follow symbolic link directories -m, --multisession this option allows multisession CDs ISO-CD OPTIONS -n, --name image name AUDIO-CD OPTIONS -a, --audio-file mp3, ogg or wav file/s AUTHOR
Ben Finney <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>, Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul@hacknight.org> COPYRIGHT
This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later as published by the Free Software Foundation. No warranty expressed or implied. See the source for details. 2009-07-22 BURN(1)