Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE Post 302728377 by the0m3n on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 05:50:35 PM
Old 11-07-2012
Hi DGPickett,

Thatīs true.
I compared the files in the root home with other users and there are missing three files:
.ICEauthority
.TTauthority
.Xauthority

I created them but it didnīt work.
Maybe if I modify or copy some files it could be work.
But what files could be?

Any suggestions?

Regards.

DASM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote control of cde desktop>?

Does anyone know if there is software out there top allow me to take remote control of a remote CDE desktop like using MS netmeeting? I do not mean mimick the window I mean take over/share the same session. Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

remote CDE

Is there a way to connect to CDE remotely? Preferably using 'VNC'. I'd like to do this! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satinet
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

CDE remote login option (dtchooser)

Hello, how can I get a "remote login" option in the CDE login screen? My Solaris box offers that by default. I already found that this might be done by dtchooser, so I copied the /usr/dt/config/Xaccess to /etc/dt/config/Xaccess and uncommented the line * CHOOSER BROADCAST - but still no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ebbi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

CDE Remote Login is not Working !!!

Hi , I have SunBlade 150 Workstation (Solaris 9), I installed the OS again then when I try to login to any server using ( Options > Remote Login > Enter Host Name) after I entered any host name nothing happened just white page for 2 or 3 mintues then the login screen reseted to the local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How do I switch from CDE to Java Desktop in Solaris 10?

I am a newbie to Solaris/UNIX. I just installed Solaris 10 and accidentally chose CDE as my desktop instead of Java. How can I set Java Desktop as my desktop? Because before i installed my mechine is using java and more beauty from CDE.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

8. AIX

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
0 Replies

9. AIX

Display Issues on Common Desktop Enviroment CDE

I configured CDE on AIX server and lauched CDE from desktop using reflection 14.1. I can lauch xclock with my own id but when i Su to any other id and try xclock it is giving the follwoing error X connection to localhost:10.0 broken ( explicit kill or server shutdown). Please elp on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies
dtfilsys(file formats)													    dtfilsys(file formats)

NAME
dtfilsys -- CDE file system; directory tree structure DESCRIPTION
The CDE file system is divided into three parts: the root system, /usr/dt, the configuration directory, /etc/dt, and the temporary direc- tory, /var/dt. The root system, /usr/dt, is a read-only directory. It contains all the files that comprise the CDE. The configuration directory, /etc/dt, is the directory CDE applications will search to locate configuration files that have been modified by the system administrator. Default versions of these configuration files are typically located in /usr/dt. The temporary directory, /var/dt, contains temporary information or information that varies in size and existence. Below is a diagram of the directory tree structure for CDE. /etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> /help/<Lang> /icons/<Lang> /types/<Lang> /backdrops/<Lang> /config /palettes/<Lang> /usr/dt/app-defaults/<Lang> /appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> /help/<Lang> /icons/<Lang> /types/<Lang> /bin /config /lib /share/backdrops/<Lang> /include /examples /man /palettes/<Lang> /var/dt/appconfig/appmanager $HOME/.dt/appmanager /help /icons /palettes /sessions /types The following guidelines apply to the contents of these directories: /usr/dt This directory is for use by the CDE system. Applications should never create files in this directory although they may read and execute them. /usr/dt/app-defaults/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the app-defaults files for the CDE clients. /usr/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the actions files used by the Application Manager. /usr/dt/appconfig/help/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the CDE help volumes and help files. /usr/dt/appconfig/icons/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the icons used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/appconfig/types/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the actions and data types used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/bin This directory contains the CDE clients. /usr/dt/config This directory contains default configuration files. /usr/dt/lib This directory contains the shared libraries used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/share This directory contains CDE elements, typically ASCII files, that are independent of the architecture. /usr/dt/share/backdrops/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the backdrops used by the window manager workspaces and by the Style Manager. /usr/dt/share/examples This directory contains examples of CDE functionality. /usr/dt/share/include This directory is part of the developmewnt environment and includes header files associated with CDE. /usr/dt/share/man This directory contains the man pages for the CDE clients. /usr/dt/share/palettes/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the palettes used by the Style Manager to determine the color scheme. /etc/dt This directory is specified as the CDE configuration directory. /etc/dt/appconfig This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files /etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the Application Manager. /etc/dt/appconfig/help/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the Help system. /etc/dt/appconfig/icons/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for icons. /etc/dt/appconfig/types/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the action and filetype database. /etc/dt/backdrops/<Lang> This directory contains backdrops provided by the system administrator. /etc/dt/config This directory is to contain modified versions of the CDE configuration files (installed in /usr/dt/config). /etc/dt/palettes/<Lang> This directory contains palettes provided by the system administrator. /var/dt This directory is used by CDE for some log files, temporary files, and files that vary in size. /var/dt/appconfig/appmanager This directory is created at login and is used by the Application Manager. $HOME/.dt This directory contains information specific to the user. $HOME/.dt/appmanager This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the Application Manager. $HOME/.dt/backdrops This directory is used to hold user-customized backdrops for the Style Manager. $HOME/.dt/help This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the Help system. $HOME/.dt/icons This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for icons. $HOME/.dt/palettes This directory is used to hold user-customized palettes for the Style Manager. $HOME/.dt/sessions This directory is used to store session information between CDE sessions. $HOME/.dt/tmp This directory is used to hold temporary information. $HOME/.dt/types This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the action and filetypes database. The Minimum Runtime Environment The minimum environment required for a system to support CDE consists of the following files and directories: /usr/dt/app-defaults/C/ tpad Dtksh Dtterm /usr/dt/appconfig/tttypes/ types.xdr /usr/dt/bin/ dsdm dtaction dtappgather dtappintegrate dtexec dtksh dtpad dtspcd dtterm suid_exec rpc.ttdbserver tt_type_comp ttsession SEE ALSO
dtenvvar(5) dtfilsys(file formats)