Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 using raw partition for Oracle 10g Post 302727793 by umashankar1987 on Wednesday 7th of November 2012 12:13:02 AM
Old 11-07-2012
IBM AIX 5.3 using raw partition for Oracle 10g

Hellow friends,

We are having AIX 5.3 total memory allotted to /Backup directory is 700GB actual used memory is 250GB ..but when i issue df -gt command to check space it is showing /Backup directory is 70% full ..how to identify root cause.?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Raw partition check

Hi I have Redhat linux 9. How can I check the size of a raw partition Regards, Raja Cool Linux!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

2. Solaris

About raw partition

Hi I have solaris 8 installed on Intel machine. the disk I have is IDE. I would like to know how can I create a raw partition on an IDE disk. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle 10g

I have download Oracle 10g for Solaris and I have configurate environment than I will start runInstaller and I have a messege that my version of solaris is not 5.7 , 5.8 and 5,9 I have 5.10 Solaris version what I shoud do I have download most actuall Oracle databases. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
4 Replies

4. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

5. AIX

Oracle 10g on AIX7

Hi, anyone know if Oracle Database 10g is AIX 7 certified??? thanks in advance. Regards. Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is it possible to extend a extended partition raw space in harddisk thru rhel 6

hi all, As going thru LVM concepts in rhel 6, got hit with a question about "how to use the raw partition of an harddisk which extended volume is taken a bit" please find the attached diagram... is it possible to use this raw space with previously created extended partition without data... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a raw partition

Hi, I had created a primary partition (/dev/sda3) and made ext3 file system on it. then mounted it on a directory and touch a file (x) into this partition. however, I want to remove this partition and recreate it as an empty partition. so I used 'd' in fdisk command and delete that partition.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siavash sh
3 Replies
BACKUPLOG(5)							AFS File Reference						      BACKUPLOG(5)

NAME
BackupLog - Traces Backup Server operations DESCRIPTION
The BackupLog file records a trace of Backup Server (buserver process) operations on the local machine and describes any error conditions it encounters. If the BackupLog file does not already exist in the /var/log/openafs directory when the Backup Server starts, the server process creates it and writes initial start-up messages to it. If there is an existing file, the Backup Server renames it to BackupLog.old, overwriting the existing BackupLog.old file if it exists. The file is in ASCII format. Administrators listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file can use the bos getlog command to display its contents. Alternatively, log on to the machine and use a text editor or a file display command such as the UNIX cat command. By default, the mode bits on the BackupLog file grant the required "r" (read) permission to all users. The Backup Server records operations only as it completes them, and so cannot recover from failures by reviewing the file. The log contents are useful for administrative evaluation of process failures and other problems. SEE ALSO
UserList(5), bos_getlog(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUPLOG(5)