Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving files to folders and rename Post 302727433 by krustytherusty on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 08:23:59 AM
Old 11-06-2012
But when I checked the files, they are there. I used ls.

Or did I understand you wrongly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename all folders with name X.

Is there a command I can use to rename all directories with a certain name to a new name. For instance from my root directory I want to change all folders named '123' to '321' that are in the root directory or any subdirectory. Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkingrey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving multiple folders/files in subversion using bash script

Hi, I'm new here an dlearning a lot from this forum. i didnt find any solution for this in the forum. I have already checked in folders in subversion named HTT01,... HTT21.. and have files in each folder like below: HTT01/HTT01_00000.hex HTT01/HTT01_00000_fb_result.hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravishan21
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Moving folders with script

Hi All, I am new to Forums, as i am struggling for one script i am launched here. I need to move more than 60,000+ folders in 1,00,000 folders to another server. I have the list of folders which should be moved. can anybody help me in sharing with the script for the above requirement. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimakiran
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files to indexnumber in multiple folders

I have multiple subfolders with multiple jpg I want the group of files in each subfolder renamed to their index number (3 digits) in the folder, so: folder/a.jpg = folder/001.jpg folder/b.jpg = folder/002.jpg folder/c.jpg = folder/003.jpg folder2/1.jpg = folder2/001.jpg folder2/2.jpg =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmanniche
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Moving folders

I'm new at this, so bare with me. I'm looking to move some folders, but keep the tree intact. Example: I have hundreds of folders in one directory (parent directory). In each folder there is a one folder called "source" and about 10 files. I want to move all the "Source" directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnpower
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from one folder to many folders

I have a more than 10 K files in a folder. They are accumulated in a period of more than an year (Say from 13th July 2010 to 4th June 2011). I need to perform housekeeping on this. The requirement is to create a folder like 13Jul2010,14July2010,......3June2011,4June2010 and then from the main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving mail between IMAP folders

Hello all, I have a Cyrus IMAP server running on HP-UX. I have a requirement to run a script every night at midnight, which will take all the mail (read and unread mail) from one IMAP folder, and move it into a different IMAP folder. Both the source and destination IMAP folders belong to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving series of sub folders

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Did a search but I didn't quite find what I was looking for. This is probably a fairly easy request but I'm just not sure how to accomplish this. I have a folder structure that looks something like this:/names/company1/archive /names/company1/newarchive ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipertech
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files and folders to another folder

I recently bought Synology server and realised it can run scripts. I would need fairly simple script which moves all files and folders from ARCHIVE folder to WORKING folder. I would also need to maintain folder structure as each of the folders may contain subfolders. How would I go about it as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ###
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursivly rename folders removing characters as required

HI guys here's hoping some on pout the can help I have a large library of epub and mobi file creates some what by calibre. Output of tree listing below I would like to recursively rename the directories removing the brackets and numbers I have been scratching my head over... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
4 Replies
rcsfreeze(1)															      rcsfreeze(1)

NAME
rcsfreeze - freeze a configuration of sources checked in under RCS SYNOPSIS
rcsfreeze [name] DESCRIPTION
rcsfreeze assigns a symbolic revision number to a set of RCS files that form a valid configuration. The idea is to run rcsfreeze each time a new version is checked in. A unique symbolic name (C_number, where number is increased each time rcsfreeze is run) is then assigned to the most recent revision of each RCS file of the main trunk. An optional name argument to rcsfreeze gives a symbolic name to the configuration. The unique identifier is still generated and is listed in the log file but it will not appear as part of the symbolic revision name in the actual RCS files. A log message is requested from the user for future reference. The shell script works only on all RCS files at one time. All changed files must be checked in already. Run rcsclean(1) first and see whether any sources remain in the current directory. RESTRICTIONS
rcsfreeze does not check whether any sources are checked out and modified. Although both source file names and RCS file names are accepted, they are not paired as usual with RCS commands. Error checking is rudimentary. rcsfreeze is just an optional example shell script, and should not be taken too seriously. See CVS for a more complete solution. FILES
version number log messages, most recent first IDENTIFICATION
Author: Stephan v. Bechtolsheim SEE ALSO
co(1), rcs(1), rcsclean(1), rlog(1) rcsfreeze(1)