Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving files to folders and rename Post 302727405 by krustytherusty on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 07:57:11 AM
Old 11-06-2012
Hi!

Thank you so much. But I have this error:
mv: cannot create directory `/080': Permission denied
mv: missing destination file operand after `/80/b_ap80 #for all my files from 00

Basically this is what I did:
Code:
split -d -l 98 a01 b_ap

printf "%03d\n" $(seq 0 80) | xargs -I{} mkdir {}

for i in {0..80}
do
name=$(printf "%03d" $i)
file_name="$name"
mv $file_name /$name
mv /$name/$file_name/ #what you want to do
#do your operations here
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename all folders with name X.

Is there a command I can use to rename all directories with a certain name to a new name. For instance from my root directory I want to change all folders named '123' to '321' that are in the root directory or any subdirectory. Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkingrey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving multiple folders/files in subversion using bash script

Hi, I'm new here an dlearning a lot from this forum. i didnt find any solution for this in the forum. I have already checked in folders in subversion named HTT01,... HTT21.. and have files in each folder like below: HTT01/HTT01_00000.hex HTT01/HTT01_00000_fb_result.hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravishan21
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Moving folders with script

Hi All, I am new to Forums, as i am struggling for one script i am launched here. I need to move more than 60,000+ folders in 1,00,000 folders to another server. I have the list of folders which should be moved. can anybody help me in sharing with the script for the above requirement. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimakiran
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files to indexnumber in multiple folders

I have multiple subfolders with multiple jpg I want the group of files in each subfolder renamed to their index number (3 digits) in the folder, so: folder/a.jpg = folder/001.jpg folder/b.jpg = folder/002.jpg folder/c.jpg = folder/003.jpg folder2/1.jpg = folder2/001.jpg folder2/2.jpg =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmanniche
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Moving folders

I'm new at this, so bare with me. I'm looking to move some folders, but keep the tree intact. Example: I have hundreds of folders in one directory (parent directory). In each folder there is a one folder called "source" and about 10 files. I want to move all the "Source" directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnpower
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from one folder to many folders

I have a more than 10 K files in a folder. They are accumulated in a period of more than an year (Say from 13th July 2010 to 4th June 2011). I need to perform housekeeping on this. The requirement is to create a folder like 13Jul2010,14July2010,......3June2011,4June2010 and then from the main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving mail between IMAP folders

Hello all, I have a Cyrus IMAP server running on HP-UX. I have a requirement to run a script every night at midnight, which will take all the mail (read and unread mail) from one IMAP folder, and move it into a different IMAP folder. Both the source and destination IMAP folders belong to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving series of sub folders

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Did a search but I didn't quite find what I was looking for. This is probably a fairly easy request but I'm just not sure how to accomplish this. I have a folder structure that looks something like this:/names/company1/archive /names/company1/newarchive ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipertech
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files and folders to another folder

I recently bought Synology server and realised it can run scripts. I would need fairly simple script which moves all files and folders from ARCHIVE folder to WORKING folder. I would also need to maintain folder structure as each of the folders may contain subfolders. How would I go about it as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ###
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursivly rename folders removing characters as required

HI guys here's hoping some on pout the can help I have a large library of epub and mobi file creates some what by calibre. Output of tree listing below I would like to recursively rename the directories removing the brackets and numbers I have been scratching my head over... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
4 Replies
COMP_ERR(1)						       MySQL Database System						       COMP_ERR(1)

NAME
comp_err - compile MySQL error message file SYNOPSIS
comp_err [options] DESCRIPTION
comp_err creates the errmsg.sys file that is used by mysqld to determine the error messages to display for different error codes. comp_err normally is run automatically when MySQL is built. It compiles the errmsg.sys file from the plaintext file located at sql/share/errmsg.txt in MySQL source distributions. comp_err also generates mysqld_error.h, mysqld_ername.h, and sql_state.h header files. For more information about how error messages are defined, see the MySQL Internals Manual[1]. Invoke comp_err like this: shell> comp_err [options] comp_err supports the following options. o --help, -? Display a help message and exit. o --charset=path, -C path The character set directory. The default is ../sql/share/charsets. o --debug=debug_options, -# debug_options Write a debugging log. A typical debug_options string is d:t:O,file_name. The default is d:t:O,/tmp/comp_err.trace. o --debug-info, -T Print some debugging information when the program exits. o --header_file=file_name, -H file_name The name of the error header file. The default is mysqld_error.h. o --in_file=file_name, -F file_name The name of the input file. The default is ../sql/share/errmsg.txt. o --name_file=file_name, -N file_name The name of the error name file. The default is mysqld_ername.h. o --out_dir=path, -D path The name of the output base directory. The default is ../sql/share/. o --out_file=file_name, -O file_name The name of the output file. The default is errmsg.sys. o --statefile=file_name, -S file_name The name for the SQLSTATE header file. The default is sql_state.h. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. NOTES
1. MySQL Internals Manual http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 COMP_ERR(1)