Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Is it possible to change my username? Post 302727391 by Arun_Linux on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 07:36:22 AM
Old 11-06-2012
Tools Is it possible to change my username?

I know username is the unique id for my unix_dot_com account, but is it possible change it ? should i raise any special request to moderators ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

What to change my username

I want to change my username how can I (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnita
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Username change

Hello Moderator, My login name is govindts. I wanted to rename this login id to shrinika Would you be able to do this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change Username

Hello, I'd like to change my username if possible. The reason is that it is my actual name, and I'd like to remove it from search engines. If it is possible, I'd like to change it to creeps. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cezar.elnazli
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change username

Hi.. I want to change my username, is there any way by which I can do it? Thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi Sharma
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Change username in XSCF

Hi All, I have SPARC T4-4 connected with XSCF console. By mistake console user name is set to "root" instead of "sunadmin" (This is what we keep as standard). How can I change it ? Please help me -> show /SP/users/root /SP/users/root Targets: ssh Properties: role... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Wanna change my username

Hi team, I want to change my username.. I tried in the edit option but i can't get it.. Can u help me.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to change my username?

Moderators, I want to change my username. I tried but unable to find a way to do that. Can you please assist? Thanks & Regards Abedi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katherine2008
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change of username

Hi, I'd like to change my username..... is there a mechanism to do this or can you do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martincorneuk
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Do I need to change my Username/PW?

After mis-typing my password once, I logged in. And after the "welcome Clovis_Sangrail" message displayed for a little less than a second, the display changed to a screen to recover my username and/or my password (it prompted for an email address). Clearly, I don't need to do that. Maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies
eurephiadm users(7)													       eurephiadm users(7)

NAME
eurephiadm-users - User management module SYNOPSIS
eurephiadm users --list|-l [-S|--sort <sort keys>] eurephiadm users --show|-s [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] [-l|-|-lastlog] [-L|--lastlog-details] [-a|--attempts] [-b|--blacklist] eurephiadm users --activate|-a [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] eurephiadm users --deactivate|-d [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] eurephiadm users --add|-A [-u|--username <user name>] [-P|--password <plain text password>] [-C|--certid <certificate ID>] [-D|--digest <certificate SHA1 digest>] [-c|--certfile <certificate file>] [-2|--pkcs12] eurephiadm users --delete|-D [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] eurephiadm users --password|-p [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] eurephiadm users [-h|--help [<mode>]] DESCRIPTION
eurephiadm users manages eurephia user accounts. It provides an interface for listing, creating new, modify and delete user accounts. MODES
Available modes: -l | --list [-S|--sort <sort keys>] List all user accounts. Providing -S|--sort and a sort key will define the sort order of the list. Valid sort keys are: uid - user ID username - User name belonging to the user account activated - When the user account was activated deactivated - When the user account was deactivated lastaccess - When the user account was last used -s | --show [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] [-l|--lastlog] [-L|--lastlog-details] [-a|--attempts] [-b|--blacklist] Show user account details. --uid or --username are required. The other arguments only defined which kind of information to show. -a | --activate [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] Activate a user account. --uid or --username is required. -d | --deactivate [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] Deactivate a user account. --uid or --username is required. -A | --add [-u|--username <user name>] [-P|--password <plain text password>] [-C|--certid <certificate ID>] [-D|--digest <certificate SHA1 digest>] [-c|--certfile <certificate file>] [-2|--pkcs12] Add a new user account. --username is required. If you want to assign a password for the new user account via the command line, provide the password with --password. To associate this user account against an already regstistered certificate, it can be done by either refering to the certificate ID in eurephia using --certid or providing the certificate SHA1 digest/fingerprint to --digest. A brand new certificate can be registered and linked to the user account directly if you have access to the certificate file. The file can be in either PEM/DER format or PKCS#12. Use --certfile to indicate the certificate file to extract the information from and --pkcs12 if it is a PKCS#12 file. -D | --delete [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] Delete a user account. --uid or --username is required. -p | --password [-i|--uid <user id>] [-u|--username <user name>] Change password on a user account. --uid or --username is required. -h | --help [<mode>] Show a help screen. Without any arguments, all modes are listed. Providing a mode will show more information about the chosen mode. SEE ALSO
eurephiadm(7), eurephiadm-certs(7) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 David Sommerseth <dazo@users.sourceforge.net> David Sommerseth July 2010 eurephiadm users(7)