Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving files to folders and rename Post 302727379 by krustytherusty on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 07:29:15 AM
Old 11-06-2012
Linux atlas5-c01 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5 #1 SMP Sun Jul 10 08:43:41 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

/bin/svush

Sorry what does this mean?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename all folders with name X.

Is there a command I can use to rename all directories with a certain name to a new name. For instance from my root directory I want to change all folders named '123' to '321' that are in the root directory or any subdirectory. Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkingrey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving multiple folders/files in subversion using bash script

Hi, I'm new here an dlearning a lot from this forum. i didnt find any solution for this in the forum. I have already checked in folders in subversion named HTT01,... HTT21.. and have files in each folder like below: HTT01/HTT01_00000.hex HTT01/HTT01_00000_fb_result.hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravishan21
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Moving folders with script

Hi All, I am new to Forums, as i am struggling for one script i am launched here. I need to move more than 60,000+ folders in 1,00,000 folders to another server. I have the list of folders which should be moved. can anybody help me in sharing with the script for the above requirement. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimakiran
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files to indexnumber in multiple folders

I have multiple subfolders with multiple jpg I want the group of files in each subfolder renamed to their index number (3 digits) in the folder, so: folder/a.jpg = folder/001.jpg folder/b.jpg = folder/002.jpg folder/c.jpg = folder/003.jpg folder2/1.jpg = folder2/001.jpg folder2/2.jpg =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmanniche
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Moving folders

I'm new at this, so bare with me. I'm looking to move some folders, but keep the tree intact. Example: I have hundreds of folders in one directory (parent directory). In each folder there is a one folder called "source" and about 10 files. I want to move all the "Source" directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnpower
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from one folder to many folders

I have a more than 10 K files in a folder. They are accumulated in a period of more than an year (Say from 13th July 2010 to 4th June 2011). I need to perform housekeeping on this. The requirement is to create a folder like 13Jul2010,14July2010,......3June2011,4June2010 and then from the main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving mail between IMAP folders

Hello all, I have a Cyrus IMAP server running on HP-UX. I have a requirement to run a script every night at midnight, which will take all the mail (read and unread mail) from one IMAP folder, and move it into a different IMAP folder. Both the source and destination IMAP folders belong to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving series of sub folders

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Did a search but I didn't quite find what I was looking for. This is probably a fairly easy request but I'm just not sure how to accomplish this. I have a folder structure that looks something like this:/names/company1/archive /names/company1/newarchive ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipertech
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files and folders to another folder

I recently bought Synology server and realised it can run scripts. I would need fairly simple script which moves all files and folders from ARCHIVE folder to WORKING folder. I would also need to maintain folder structure as each of the folders may contain subfolders. How would I go about it as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ###
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursivly rename folders removing characters as required

HI guys here's hoping some on pout the can help I have a large library of epub and mobi file creates some what by calibre. Output of tree listing below I would like to recursively rename the directories removing the brackets and numbers I have been scratching my head over... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
4 Replies
mhpath(1mh)															       mhpath(1mh)

Name
       mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders

Syntax
       mhpath [ +foldername ] [ msgs ] [ -help ]

Description
       Use the command to display the full pathname of the specified folder.  If you do not specify a folder, displays the pathname of the current
       folder.

If you specify a message with its message number, displays the pathname of the specified message.  You can also specify a  number  of  mes-
       sages,  or  a range of messages.  If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, displays as much
       of the specified range as possible.

Additionally can take a keyword or a sequence name.  The following keywords are acceptable:

first	 The first message in the folder.

last	 The last message in the folder.

new	 The message after the last message in the folder.  You cannot use new as part of a message range.

cur	 The current message in the folder.

prev	 The message before the current message.

next	 The message after the current message.

all	 All of the messages in the folder.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

Examples
       In the following example, displays message 3 in the folder
       % mhpath +inbox 3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox

The following example displays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder:
       % mhpath 2-5
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine your Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh)

mhpath(1mh)