Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change text color in Korn shell to highlight Error Post 302726833 by Yoda on Monday 5th of November 2012 09:11:07 AM
Old 11-05-2012
This thread might help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. Linux

Korn Shell Script to change the permissions

Hi, All I am trying to change the permission for all the files in the current dir such that the user(owner) have the read write and excute permissions. When I excute the korn shell it will change the whole files and directory permissions as "rwx". Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uhelp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Parse text string into variables using Korn shell

I am writing a script to keep check on free disk space, and I would like to find a way to parse $LINE (see code below) into a numeric value (for free disk space percentage) and a string value (for mount point). If possible, I would like to avoid sed or any additional use of awk since I am not very... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change text color in postscript file

Hi everyone, I have a program that produces postscript files on the fly The color of the files produced are in black and white I want to change the text color of postscript file as the file is being produced without having to manually go into the ps file and change it myself. Any Ideas?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: walforum
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the color inside email using shell script?

hi, i want to send an email from unix using mailx command. mailx -s "subject" "email@abc.com" < email.txt Email.txt contains some file names that are transferred successfully and some that failed. so the files that got failed to tranfer, should be displayed in red color in the mail. is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color text on shell programming

hello i need the main reference for color code on shell programing i know a few color like: RED='\033 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Highlight text in shell o/p

Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to highlight a particular text in shell output or formattting a text in shell ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change text color from echo command?

I have a bash script that starts and stops a game among other things through in.fifo and out.fifo In game the text comes out gray . Kinda hard to see in game window . I would like to change it to purple and maybe capitalize it. #!/bin/bash #nwservctl.sh cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222222quick
5 Replies
pfexec(1)							   User Commands							 pfexec(1)

NAME
pfexec, pfsh, pfcsh, pfksh - execute a command in a profile SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pfexec command /usr/bin/pfexec -P privspec command [ arg ...] /usr/bin/pfsh [ options ] [ argument ...] /usr/bin/pfcsh [ options ] [ argument ...] /usr/bin/pfksh [ options ] [ argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The pfexec program is used to execute commands with the attributes specified by the user's profiles in the exec_attr(4) database. It is invoked by the profile shells, pfsh, pfcsh, and pfksh which are linked to the Bourne shell, C shell, and Korn shell, respectively. Profiles are searched in the order specified in the user's entry in the user_attr(4) database. If the same command appears in more than one profile, the profile shell uses the first matching entry. The second form, pfexec -P privspec, allows a user to obtain the additional privileges awarded to the user's profiles in prof_attr(4). The privileges specification on the commands line is parsed using priv_str_to_set(3C). The resulting privileges are intersected with the union of the privileges specified using the "privs" keyword in prof_attr(4) for all the user's profiles and added to the inheritable set before executing the command. USAGE
pfexec is used to execute commands with predefined process attributes, such as specific user or group IDs. Refer to the sh(1), csh(1), and ksh(1) man pages for complete usage descriptions of the profile shells. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Obtaining additional user privileges example% pfexec -P all chown user file This command runs chown user file with all privileges assigned to the current user, not necessarily all privileges. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), profiles(1), sh(1), exec_attr(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Mar 2003 pfexec(1)