Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to increase soft stack limit? Post 302726807 by jim mcnamara on Monday 5th of November 2012 08:41:20 AM
Old 11-05-2012
Change George's shell to pfcsh. csh is not RBAC aware. It is still csh.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to increase the size of the stack

Hi!!, could someone tell me how to increase the stack size in HP-UX? Thanx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

soft rebooting

When I do a hard reboot, the system recognizes both the ttya and the ttyb, but when I do a hard reboot, it only doesn't recognize the ttyb. Is there a way I can fix this??? Thanks!:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattie_h
5 Replies

3. AIX

chfs increase /var limit at 512mb?

Is there a limit of 512Mb when doing a "chfs -a size=XXXXX /myfs" ? I managed to increase /var to 512MB fine, no issues, then i wanted to increase /usr to 2Gb, but when i enter: # chfs -a size=2260992 /usr chfs: 0506-908 Cannot reduce size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
5 Replies

4. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit

Hi all, I'm using to Solaris machine. When I run a simple script this messenger come out:"limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit". Any one know the way to resolve this problem without reboot the machine? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
3 Replies

7. Solaris

8 character limit for ipcs command , any way to increase # of chars ?

Hello All, We have a working script which identifies and kills ipcs resources which havent been correctly killed during normal shutdowns. It is working fine and dandy however there are some issues now. Environment: SunOS 5.10 Generic_148888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icalderus
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies