Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302726327 by Luca.Francesca on Sunday 4th of November 2012 05:56:20 AM
Old 11-04-2012
sometimes I've problem with Perl codes in books.
But with Amazon new format (K8 or awz3) which is a non standard epub3 the situation is getting better Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitMatchVars(3pm) User Contributed Perl DocumentationPerl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitMatchVars(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitMatchVars - Avoid "$`", "$&", "$'" and their English equivalents. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Using the "match variables" "$`", $&, and/or "$'" can significantly degrade the performance of a program. This policy forbids using them or their English equivalents. See perldoc English or PBP page 82 for more information. It used to forbid plain "use English;" because it ends up causing the performance side-effects of the match variables. However, the message emitted for that situation was not at all clear and there is now Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequireNoMatchVarsWithUseEnglish, which addresses this situation directly. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Chris Dolan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitMatchVars(3pm)