Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat find . -name '*.req' -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; not deleting files Post 302726235 by Yoda on Sunday 4th of November 2012 01:17:21 AM
Old 11-04-2012
First run below command and see if the files are getting listed:-

Code:
find /opt/FFCL8001/oracle/inst/apps/FFCL8001_lhrho/logs/appl/conc/log -name "*.req" -mtime +2 -exec ls -l {} \;

If yes, then retry:-

Code:
find /opt/FFCL8001/oracle/inst/apps/FFCL8001_lhrho/logs/appl/conc/log -name "*.req" -mtime +2 -exec rm -f {} \;

Note: It is also possible that the directory which you mentioned above is not on the same file system as /opt/ . It can be a symbolic link pointing to a different file system. Please recheck.

Last edited by Yoda; 11-04-2012 at 02:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Req)Shell script req

HI All Im new to shell scripting...kindly plz help me... I need a shell script for: We have to take export of all db's on daily basis from all svr's and keep these export backups on diffrent server. Plz help. Regards Gaurav (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergauravtaneja
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files using find command

I want to find the files and delete all the files except the last file. I am using find command , I am sending the find output to a file and getting all the lines except the last one and sending it to the remove command . This is not working. can anyone help me out to do it in the find command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaklanka
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files inside shell script - ( using find)

Hi, I am using the command find /apps/qualdb/gpcn/scripts/cab_outbound/archive -name 'z*' -mtime +28 -exec rm {} \; in unix command prompt for deleting the files in my unix system under the specfied folder. It was succesfull. But when i running this command inside a shell script name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaram.Nambura
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req 1-liner for Awk, et al to find str position

Hi, I'm trying to find the position of a series of numbers within a large text file. The numbers are separated by spaces. This works fine: type Huge_File.txt | gawk "{print index($0,"255")}" But this does not: type Huge_File.txt | gawk "{print index($0,"188 028 239 160 016 190 137... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lemming42
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on find -mtime -exec

Hello people. Part of my script: echo "Compressing files older than 2 months in ${TEMP_DIR} directory ..." find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.dat' -mtime 61 -exec compress {} \; #BELOW COMMAND DOES NOT WORK :-( <<<<<<----------- find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.o.lines.*' -mtime 61 -exec compress {}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Deleting using "find -mtime" not working

This command used to work in my old Linux servers to delete old files (older than 2 days, in this case) but it suddenly not working at all-- find /path/to/dir/* -mtime 2 -exec rm {} \; Anything I am missing? Would appreciate any tips. Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with deleting files through find

Hi, I have a script similar to this #!/bin/ksh cd /orcl/bir/eod_badfiles find ./ -type f -name "*.csv" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; find ./ -type f -name "*.bad" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; cd /orcl/bir find ./ -type f -name "*.log" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; This was working fine in one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
5 Replies
ELIOMC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ELIOMC(1)

NAME
eliomc, eliomcp, eliomopt, js_of_eliom, eliomdep - the eliom build tools SYNOPSIS
eliomc [options] files eliomcp [options] files eliomopt [options] files eliomdep [options] files js_of_eliom [options] files -o filename.js DESCRIPTION
eliomc, eliomcp and eliomopt are wrapper around the OCaml compiler that ease the compilation of the server part of projects based on the Eliom framework. They respectively accept the same set of option than the ocamlc(1),ocamlcp(1) and ocamlopt(1) compilers plus the specific ones described in the OPTIONS section. js_of_eliom is a wrapper around the OCaml and Js_of_ocaml compilers that ease the compilation of the client part of projects based on the Eliom framework. It accepts the same set of option than the ocamlc(1) compiler plus the specific ones described in the OPTIONS section. eliomdep is a wrapper around ocamldep(1) that handles dependencies of an .eliom source files. It accepts the same set of options plus the specific ones described in the OPTIONS section. Warnings: this tools is still limited and do not handle dependencies towards an .eliom files. COMPILING ELIOM SOURCE FILES
The compilation of files with a .eliom extension is achieved in three steps: infer the type of value sent by the server to the client; com- pile the server part of the code and compile the client part. The first two steps can be realised with eliomc and the last one with js_of_eliom. Both tools produce a .cmo file named as the original .eliom file. To avoid overwriting the .cmo representing the server part with .cmo of the client part, files generated by eliomc or eliomopt are stored by default in a subdirectory named _server and files generated by js_of_eliom are stored in a subdirectory named _client. Those default directories could be respectively overridden by the environment vari- ables ELIOM_SERVER_DIR and ELIOM_CLIENT_DIR. The types infered by eliomc for values sent by the server to the client are stored in an intermediate files named as the original .eliom file and whose extension is .type_mli. That file is required by js_of_eliom for compiling the client part of the .eliom file. The eliomdep tool correctly generate dependencies that intermediate file for the server .cmo and the client .cmo. OPTIONS
-dir <dir> Specify the target directory for generated files -package <name> This is the same option as the ocamlfind one. -predicates <p> This is the same option as the ocamlfind one. -ppopt <opt> Append <opt> to preprocessor invocation. -jsopt <opt> Append <opt> to js_of_ocaml invocation (js_of_eliom only). -infer <opt> For .eliom file, only generate the intermediate .type_mli file (eliomc and eliomopt only). -noinfer <opt> For .eliom file, do not generate the intermediate .type_mli file (eliomc and eliomopt only). -help or --help Display a short usage summary and exit. EXAMPLES
The compilation of an Eliom projects composed of a server specific file named server.ml, a client specific file named client.ml and two common files name base.eliom and main.eliom, could be achieved with the following commands: eliomc -a -o appl.cma server.ml base.eliom main.eliom js_of_eliom -o appl.js client.ml base.eliom main.eliom To avoid recompiling the whole project each times, this could be split in multiple steps: eliomc -c server.ml eliomc -c base.eliom eliomc -c main.eliom eliomc -a -o appl.cma _server/server.cmo _server/base.cmo _server/main.cmo js_of_eliom -c client.ml js_of_eliom -c base.eliom js_of_eliom -c main.eliom js_of_eliom -o appl.js _client/client.cmo _client/base.cmo _client/main.cmo SEE ALSO
ocamlc(1), ocamlopt(1), js_of_ocaml(1), ocamlfind(1), ocamlcp(1), ocamldep(1). AUTHOR
eliomc, js_of_eliom, eliomdep and eliomopt were written by Gregoire Henry <gregoire.henry@pps.jussieu.fr>. This manual page was written by Pierre Chambart <chambart@crans.org>. 2012-02-15 ELIOMC(1)