Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries Post 302726007 by filosophizer on Saturday 3rd of November 2012 04:52:51 PM
Old 11-03-2012
[Solved] Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello,

Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows
01 B N

but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty....

The keyboard doesn't work ie., if it press NUM Lock or CAPS Lock, no lights come up, and the optical mouse also doesn't work ( no light in the mouse )

How can I troubleshoot this issue ?

---------- Post updated at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:32 AM ----------

Apparently looks like HMC issue.

Probably HMC was connected on this system and now have to make it forget to use the console
Quote:
This connection is only active if the box is not currently connected to HMC or was connected to it in the last 14 days.
If you see HMC=1 or HMC=0 on the LED screen you will not be able to get serial connection. You can reset the service processor and make it forget its HMC connection.
See IBM for more information.
Link doesn't work. Anyone have access to how to get HMC removed , please share here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11.11: X doesn't recognize mouse and keyboard

hi folks, i've got a blank hp visualize C3000 workstation and installed HP-UX 11.11. When I want to start X, I get the following error message: # X Fatal server error: Couldn't open X pointer device! Is one attached? I've connected an mouse and a keyboard with an usb/ps2 connector.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grisu
5 Replies

2. Programming

How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi, Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

mouse/keyboard wrist lesions.

Anyone ever had any problem related to wrist lesions caused by keyboard or mouse? Tendinitis? Tenosynovitis? How long it lasted? How did it go away? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
3 Replies

4. AIX

keyboard and mouse not working in graphical login

Dear frnz I face a weird issue with p275 workstation with Aix 5.1 After booting the workstation i am getting dt login screen and i am not able to key in user name and passwd .The mouse pointer is moving but the mouse buttons doesnt work. i am able to login through rsh to the machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Debian] Stop input from keyboard and mouse

Dear friends, I need to stop getting input from keyboard and mouse at some specific time like, every day from 6 PM to 7PM likewise. How can I do this. Kindly guide me to do this. I need to block the input. I am using Debian OS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies
cfb(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    cfb(4)

Name
       cfb - color bitmap graphics

Syntax
       device	 cfb0 at ibus?	vector cfbvint

Description
       The  video  subsystem  provides a half page or full page, user-accessible bitmap display for graphics.  The subsystem consists of a 1 Mbyte
       (color) block of dual port RAM, a mouse or tablet, a keyboard, and a video monitor.

The subsystem device driver supports a hybrid terminal with three minor devices.  The first minor device emulates a glass tty with a screen
       that  appears  as  an 80-column by 56-row page that scrolls from the bottom.  This device is capable of being configured as the system con-
       sole.

The second minor device is reserved for the mouse.  This device is a source of mouse state changes.  (A state change is defined as  an  X/Y
       axis mouse movement or button change.)  When opened, the driver couples movements of the mouse with the cursor.	Mouse position changes are
       filtered and translated into cursor position changes in an exponential manner.  Rapid movements result in large	cursor	position  changes.
       All cursor positions are range-checked to ensure that the cursor remains on the display.

The  third  minor  device  provides  an access path for console output that does not disturb the graphics display.  The caller can open the
       device When this device is open, the graphics driver redirects console device output to the input buffer of this  device.   This  mechanism
       disables console output on the screen and saves the output for later display. This action preserves the graphic display integrity.

Input and output on the first and third minor devices are processed by the standard line disciplines.

The Hold Screen key is supported. The graphics driver treats this key as if CTRL/S or CTRL/Q has been entered. Pressing the Hold Screen key
       suspends the output (if it is not already suspended). To resume the output, press the Hold Screen key again.

Files
       Console terminal or graphics device

Mouse or tablet graphics device

Console message window for workstation

See Also
       console(4), devio(4), tty(4), ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)

RISC								    cfb(4)