Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem relocating to another state with Shutdown Post 302725865 by ctsgnb on Friday 2nd of November 2012 05:56:17 PM
Old 11-02-2012
Check if you have the command telinit and the syntax of it
Code:
man telinit

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown Problem

Hi,guys I have a two CPUs server, and the system is linux2.4.6. When the system shutdown,it will stop at the word Power Down. I f I do not select the option "Symmtric multi-processing Support" when I compile the kernel,system will shutdown automatic.But I want to use two CPUs. Anyone can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lance
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers file and Shutdown problem

Help please I have today messed up my sudoers file which means no users can sudo in to our system. I therefore need to do a restore of the file - no problems, I have a backup. Now comes the problem. The system is secure, and nobody seems to know the root password. The system will not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Relocating a post

I posted a question regarding the address of the USB ports on an HP computer running SCO Unix. My post does not appear on the "Unix for Dummies Q&A" page, but is burried somewhere and the only way I can view it is to do a search for the title of the post. Could you relocate my post to the UFD Q&A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Don48
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Relocating directory /export/home to a bigger filesystem

My 2GB /export/home/ directory is almost 100% full df -k | grep /export/home /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/vl73 2031711 1951009 19751 99% /export/home I intend to relocate it to a different 4GB filesystem late at night when there is no user on the system. How do I go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutdown and Reboot problem

Hi, i have sco openserver 5.0.6 but have a problem with shutdown or reboot commands. The string I use is "shutdown -g0 -y" but the system just hangs on "The sytem is down" . I used to get a "Safe to turn of" but now nothing. Same with "reboot" the sytem just freezes. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VTechman
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Server Shutdown Problem

I have a sparc T1 server (I know its old) running Solaris 8, which we use for testing. It has been very slow in response- prompt takes couple of minutes to come up, so I decided to reboot the server but I can reboot it, it is giving following errors when I try to shutdown it down. root@deva:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with state database

Hi Experts, I am facing problem while creating a concatenated volume. I would like to decribe the process I did: 1- I created state data base with slice1,slice2,slice3,slice4,slice5,slice6 with command: #metadb -a -f slice1 slice2 ........ slice6 From metastas, everything seems to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem with Stop Script during shutdown of o/s

Friends , I create two script for oracle database startup and shutdown . $ cat start.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 ORACLE_OWNER=oracle su - oracle << ! sqlplus / as sysdba << ! startup $ cat stop.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a script for checking the state of a process

Hello Everyone, I have a process that should be always running. Unfortunately, this process is getting down almost every 10 minutes. I want to make a script that verify the state of this process: If the process is up, the script shouldn't do nothing and if it's down he should run it. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies

10. Programming

Problem on capturing system Shutdown

I am having exactly the same problem with https://www.unix.com/programming/129264-application-cleanup-during-linux-shutdown.html but the thread is old and closed. The only difference is that I use sigaction() instead of signal(), which is recommended, as far as I know. This is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)