Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris and PAM Password policy Post 302725827 by DGPickett on Friday 2nd of November 2012 04:55:30 PM
Old 11-02-2012
I thought new users were given an expired password date, and that is why they have to change their pw, part of a security model that protects the admin, as the password the admin gives out is not usable except to set a new one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

PAM, Solaris, Openssh and Forcing a password change

Here's the issue. Currently when I run passwd -f "username" on any account, when I try to login with said account I don't get prompted to change my password I just keep getting prompted to input a password. (Of course this works just fine with telnet)Is there something i need to add to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Password policy problem ??

Hi Solaris's expert I need to change user password on Solaris10 2 servers. With the same password I can change it just only one. Try to check everything but not found difference?? password pattern: abcdeFgh9Jk server1 check all characters but server2 check only first 8 characters.Why??... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using PAM to log password changes?

Hi, on a lab computer another user (who is a sudoer) changed my password without my permission. I'm pretty positive it was her, though I can't conclusively prove it. I had my friend, who is another sudoer on the machine, fix it and make me a sudoer now too. So everything is fine, but I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: declannalced
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

NIS password policy

Hi, I am running NIS server on redhat linux 5 and I want to implement password restrictions for the yppasswd, how can I do it.Please help me. I can implement password restriction for passwd by configuring /etc/pam.d/system-auth and setting crack_lib.so but I don't know how to implent the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
3 Replies

5. Solaris

password policy for new user

hi folk, i try to setup a new password policy for our solaris box user, below are the /etc/default/passwd/, but then when i tried to create a user, it didn't ask for numeric character, and the new password also didn't ask for special characters. # useradd testing # passwd testing New... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

User and Password Policy

Hi linux expert, i would like to create a script for listing all user with there password policy. It should be in the following format: Last password change : Sep 19, 2011 Password expires : never Password inactive : never Account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
2 Replies

7. SuSE

PAM password change failed, pam error 20

Hi, I use a software which can create account on many system or application. One of resource which is managed by this soft his a server SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). patch level 3. This application which is an IBM application use ssh to launch command to create account in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scabarrus
3 Replies

8. AIX

Password Policy

I need help. I have set a password policy. But I want to dis allow setting user name as password. My policy is as below... min length =8 min diff=2 min alpha=2 max repeats=2 dictionary= /usr/share/dict/words Still user can set his username as password (i.e. Jackie1234). Code tags for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
11 Replies

9. Linux

Password hardening using pam

Hi We have a requirement to vary the minimum password criteria by the group to which a user belongs. For example a standard user should have a password with a minimum length of 12 and containing a mix of characters whereas an administrator should have a password with a minimum length of 14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregsih
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Password policy for root

Hi, I am unable to enforce password complexity policy for root user. (other users are working) on RHEL 6.2. Anything wrong with system-auth parameters? PLease help.. vi /etc/pam.d/system-auth #%PAM-1.0 # This file is auto-generated. # User changes will be destroyed the next time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
1 Replies
asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS) 				   User Commands				   asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-admin-objects, list-admin-objects - gets all the administered objects SYNOPSIS
list-admin-objects --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Lists all the administered objects. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-admin-objects asadmin> list-admin-objects --user admin --password admin123 Command list-admin-objects executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-admin-object(1AS), asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS)