Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to remove ISMP files when the directories have been deleted? Post 302725779 by in2nix4life on Friday 2nd of November 2012 03:36:34 PM
Old 11-02-2012
IBM provides some cleanup scripts for WebSphere Apps that may help get you started.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check all files in directories for string and remove.. possible?

Say I am in /var/adm/bin and I want to search through all the various scripts and such in that directory for a string, say, xxx@yyy.com I want to find every file with that in there and replace it with a single space. Is that possible? Or, is it possible to search every file and get a list... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Remove Ctrl M characters in files from directories and its subdirectories

Hi, How to recursively remove Ctrl M characters in files from a directory and its sub directory ? I know unix2dos command is there but to remove in bunch of files ... ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skdp
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove files older than 30 days except directories

Hi, I need to remove files (*.trc) which are older than 30 days from one location. My problem is there I do not want to visit any of the directories at that location. I want to search files at that particular location only (need to skip directorys at that location). maxdepth option is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing Deleted Files and Directories

Please provide me a shell script so that i can list which file or directory has been deleted, by which user and at what time. The script should take date as argument and should list out name of the file/directory, which user had deleted them and at what time since that particular date. Kindly post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raviviolet13
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

6. AIX

Remove volume group it's lvs and filesystems after vg's pv was deleted ?

Hi, Physical volume of vg was removed permanently by acident. What I need right now is to remove all vg's objects(vg itself, vg's lvs, vg's filesystems) to prepare to add new pv and create new volume group and it's objects. This is from reducevg manual: "Sometimes a disk is removed from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

7. AIX

Help in Understanding ISMP

Hi, Good day to everyone. This is my first time joining the community and wanted to say thanks in advance for all your help and assistance. First, I am not expert in AIX and UNIX but I do know a thing or two and I have a simple question regarding ISMP. We are using AIX 5.3 and a couple... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lgalang
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files in directories

I am trying to remove files from a couple of directories after a process completes. Below is what I have so far, but the command does not run and cygwin closes too fast to read the error. Also, is it possible to have the printf be displayed until the files are removed then printf in italics is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
advfs_get_fset_list(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    advfs_get_fset_list(3)

NAME
advfs_get_fset_list - Obtain a list of all the filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/advfs_syscalls.h> int advfs_get_fset_list( char domain, unsigned long arraySize, unsigned long *offset, unsigned long *numFilesets, filesetInfoT filesetInfo[] ); LIBRARY
AdvFS Library (libadvfs) PARAMETERS
The name of the AdvFS file domain to be searched for filesets. Contains the number of filesetInfoT cells that have been malloced for the filesetInfo array. A pointer for the next iteration of the function: the starting location for the next set of filesets. The total num- ber of filesets in the specified file domain. The array of fileset information structures that is filled in on successful return from this function. DESCRIPTION
Use this function to obtain information about the filesets in an AdvFS file domain. Information about both mounted and unmounted filesets is returned. The function returns the information in the "filesetInfo[]" array. For an example of programming the advfs_get_fset_list function, see [reference to be provided]. NOTES
Compaq recommends that the application malloc an array large enough to gather all fileset information in a single call to the function. The function can skip filesets or return them multiple times if the function is using the offset parameter while another user creates or removes filesets in between the calls that this user makes to the function. This function can take a very long time to complete when it is called to execute on a file domain with a large number of unmounted file- sets. RETURN VALUES
The function returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. The function returns a value of -1 on failure and sets the value of errno to the specific error. ERRORS
The calling program is not running with root privileges. An I/O error occurred on one of the disks in the file domain. The file domain specified by the domain parameter does not exist. There is not enough memory available for the operation SEE ALSO
Commands: clonefset(8), mkfset(8), renamefset(8), rmfset(8) Functions: advfs_clonefset(3), advfs_rmfset(3) advfs_get_fset_list(3)