Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cygwin script log redirection not working well Post 302725609 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of November 2012 11:34:29 AM
Old 11-02-2012
Something like:
Code:
for i in {1..20}
do
 curl google.com -is >log-${i}.log &
done

wait

for i in {1..20}
do
        cat log-${i}.log
        rm log-${i}.log
        echo "request # $i"
done > log.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection not working as expected

Portion of my script below : if ; then NUMBEROFFEILDS=`cat ${BASE_SCRIPT_LOC}/standardfilecleanup.lst|grep -w ${db_file_path}|awk -F: '{print NF}'` COUNT=4 while ; do awk_var="$"`echo $COUNT` file_name1=`cat ${BASE_SCRIPT_LOC}/standardfilecleanup.lst|grep -w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: findprakash
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection of output to a log file

Apologies for the trivial nature of this question but I cannot seem to get a simple re direct to a log file to work Step 1 touch log.txt at -f batch.sh now >> log.txt I am trying to get the batch.sh contents into the log file Manny Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnCrump
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capping output redirection log file length

I am trying to write a script which will output notifications to a logfile, but I would like to cap the logfile to, let's say, 200 lines. Specifically I am using custom firmware, DD-wrt, on my router and I am implementing a script to connect to my work vpn. I have a loop that pings a computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemommasfat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

stderr redirection not working

I am running tcsh/csh shell on my machine. lately i have realized my stderr file redirection is not working. Please find the terminal logs as below: >echo b c >>& log >cat log b c >echo $a b c >>& log a: Undefined variable. >cat log b c I have never faced such issues, hence not sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED on cygwin not working with Hex or Octal

Hi, I have downloaded a web page that I need to cleanup before passing to xmlstarlet. Using UltraEdit's HEX utility part of my download is as follows: 3C 2F 61 3E 0A 09 0A 09 09 3C 2F 61 3E which in ASCII is </a> </a> I need to locate this string and replace it with just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command output redirection in script not working

I need to count the number of lines in a .txt file and put it in a variable. I am using the following code #!/bin/bash count = $(wc -l "some file.txt" | awk '{print$1}') echo $count It is giving the following error. line3: count: command not foundWhat am I doing wrong here? :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haritha.gorijav
7 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cygwin application not working on my machine.

I have windows XP machine. Today i have tried to install Cygwin, I've downloaded all the packages then ran the setup. It's showed completed. But when i try to open this it's not working. Do i need to do anything extra for this..? Please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Log Redirection to Remote Host

hey, I need your help. I have a rhel server that runs application, that application writing to her local application log. I want that log will be realtime copying to a another remote rhel server. The thing is that I prohibited touch the application code. Is that possible? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

>& redirection not working within csh script

I'm having a strange problem with basic >& output redirection to a simple log file in csh. When I run this particular output redirection on the command line, it works, but then when I run the same output redirection command >& in my c shell script, I get a blank log file. Nothing is output to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: silencio
5 Replies
FSTRACE_CLEAR(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  FSTRACE_CLEAR(8)

NAME
fstrace_clear - Clears the trace log SYNOPSIS
fstrace clear [-set <set name>+] [-log <log name>+] [-help] fstrace c [-s <set name>+] [-l <log name>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fstrace clear command erases the contents of the trace log from kernel memory, but leaves kernel memory allocated for the log. OPTIONS
-set <set name>+ Names the event set for which to clear the associated trace log. The only acceptable value is "cm" (for which the associated trace log is "cmfx"). Provide either this argument or the -log argument, or omit both to clear the "cmfx" log by default. -log <log name>+ Names the trace log to clear. The only acceptable value is "cmfx". Provide either this argument or the -set argument, or omit both to clear the "cmfx" log by default. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command clears the "cmfx" trace log on the local machine: # fstrace clear PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser "root". SEE ALSO
fstrace(8), fstrace_lslog(8), fstrace_lsset(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FSTRACE_CLEAR(8)