Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with /app
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with /app Post 302725495 by hergp on Friday 2nd of November 2012 09:32:04 AM
Old 11-02-2012
You can add more disks to a pool with the zpool add command without service interruption. But as Peasant pointed out, make sure, all data is redundant.

You can also migrate a complete ZFS filesystem with zfs send and zfs receive. But for that you need some downtime.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Programming

Deadlocked App

Hello All - We have a legacy C program running non stop on one of our servers, with several instances often running at once. Fairly regularly, one of the instances while stop outputting to the log file and will just deadlock/hang. They must be then 'kill'ed by myself. When I gdb into one of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markanderson
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cygwin <--> CMD App Problem (Terminal Type?)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it is. We have a nightly process that runs on an HP-UX box to stop our application and backend database servers, unmount their SAN hosted file systems, and then snapshot the SAN LUNs for backup and refresh of data on "report" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

userid with nothing to do on the os/app

Hi All, I got this userid apache with the same userid and groupid and /sbin/nologin and the /www/a home folder is empty. Can I just delete this userid? How can I investigate if userid have something to do with the application? Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem building app

trying to run IPERF and i've downloaded and installed and screwed around with my path to get compilers and such available... log in as myself, go to /iperf-2.0.4 switch to su run ./configure seems to go fine, couple of no's but based on previous runs it seems to be ok... do make it goes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrich523
3 Replies

6. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
GRUB-FSTEST(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    GRUB-FSTEST(3)

NAME
grub-fstest -- Debug tool for GRUB's filesystem driver. SYNOPSIS
grub-fstest [-c | --diskcount=NUM] [-C | --crypto] [-d | --debug=STRING] [-K | --zfs-key=FILE|prompt] [-n | --length=NUM] [-r | --root=DEVICE_NAME] [-s | --skip=NUM] [-u | --uncompress] [-v | --verbose] IMAGE_PATH <blocklist FILE | cat FILE | cmp FILE LOCAL | cp FILE LOCAL | crc FILE | hex FILE | ls PATH | xnu_uuid DEVICE> DESCRIPTION
grub-fstest is a tool for testing GRUB's filesystem drivers. You should not normally need to run this program. OPTIONS
--diskcount=NUM Specify the number of input files. --crypto Mount cryptographic devices. --debug=STRING Set debug environment variable. --zfs-key=FILE|prompt Load ZFS cryptographic key. --length=NUM Handle NUM bytes in output file. --root=DEVICE_NAME Set root device. --skip=NUM Skip NUM bytes from output file. --uncompress Uncompress data. --verbose Print verbose messages. COMMANDS
blocklist FILE Display block list of FILE. cat FILE Display FILE on standard output. cmp FILE LOCAL Compare FILE with local file LOCAL. cp FILE LOCAL Copy FILE to local file LOCAL. crc FILE Display the CRC-32 checksum of FILE. hex FILE Display contents of FILE in hexidecimal. ls PATH List files at PATH. xnu_uuid DEVICE Display the XNU UUID of DEVICE. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-FSTEST(3)