Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newline characters in fields of a file Post 302725473 by pamu on Friday 2nd of November 2012 08:47:46 AM
Old 11-02-2012
What you want to achieve with this file..?

And what you have tried so far..?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file based on newline and delimiter characters

Hi Everybody, I need some help on formatting the files coming into unix box on the fly. I get a file some thing like this in a single line. ISA^M00^M ^M00^M ^M14^M006929681900 ^M01^M095449419 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove trailing newline characters

Hello , I have the folowing scenario : I have a text file as follows : (say name.txt) ABC DEF XYZ And I have one more xml file as follows : (say somexml.xml) <Name>ABC</Name> <Age>12</Age> <Class>D</Class> <Name>XYZ</Name> <Age>12</Age> <Class>D</Class> <Name>DEF</Name>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to keep newline characters in command execution result?

I found that when I used a variable to receive the result from a command execution, the newline characters were removed from the variable. For example, I ran $ ret=`ls -l` $ echo $ret Then, I saw: total 40 -rw-r--r-- 1 testtrunk testtrunk 0 Dec 13 11:13 pk -rw-rw-r-- 1 testtrunk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankai
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking long lines into (characters, newline, space) groups

Hello, I am currently trying to edit an ldif file. The ldif specification states that a newline followed by a space indicates the subsequent line is a continuation of the line. So, in order to search and replace properly and edit the file, I open the file in textwrangler, search for "\r " and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk puts newline between fields

I have a='123, abc, def, ghi' var1=`echo $a | awk -F", " '{print RS $1}'` echo "something: $var1" which outputs something 123 how can I tell awk not to put a newline between fields? I want it to output: something: 123 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newline between unequal record fields

Assume the following 5 records (field separator is a space): 0903 0903 0910 0910 0910 0910 0910 0910 0917 0917 0917 0917 0924 1001 1001 1001 1001 1008 1008 1008 1008 1015 1015 1015 1015 1022 1029 1029 1029 1029 1105 1105 1105 1105 1112 1112 1112 1112 1119 1126 1126 1126 1126 1203 1203 1203 1203... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tree
8 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to convert the following characters in some fields in a csv file?

I have a csv file which is produced out of a SED command sed 's/|/","/g; s/^/"/; s/$/"/' A4.txt > A5.csv and I need either an addition to the SED command or a separate command to convert the following characters which occur within the fields in multiple lines 1) "=" to =" and 2)""~ to " (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removinf newline characters in first 62 fields

Hi All, I receive a | delimited text file containing 63 columns. There is no delimiter at the end of the 63rd field, instead there would be a newline character at the end of the text in 63rd column. I wanted to retain this newline character at the end of the 63rd column, as it is desired newline... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing newline characters within DEL quotes.

Hi, Text file has DEL character(ASCII code 127) as quotes with comma as field delimiter. If any of the field contains new line character then I need to remove it. Please help me to achieve this. Thanks Vikram (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikramhm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delimit the fields of a input file which has special characters?

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell scripting. I have a requirement to Delimit the file fields of a Input file having special characters and spaces with ";". Input File ---------------------------------- Server Port ---------------------------------- Local ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suganbabu
5 Replies
ET(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     ET(4)

NAME
et -- Agere ET1310 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device et Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_et_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The et driver supports PCI Express Ethernet adapters based on the Agere ET1310 chip. The et driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media types and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode by adding media options to the /etc/rc.conf file. 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation. The mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. The mediaopt option can also be used to select either full-duplex or half-duplex modes. 1000baseT Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. The mediaopt option can only be set to full-duplex mode. The et driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Force full-duplex operation. half-duplex Force half-duplex operation. Note that the 1000baseT media type is only available if it is supported by the adapter. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). TUNABLES
hw.et.rx_intr_npkts This value controls how many packets should be received before a receive interrupt is generated. The default value is 32. It is recommended to set this value above 38 to prevent the host from being livelocked under a high degree of stress. hw.et.rx_intr_delay This value delays the generation of receive interrupts in units of ~4 microseconds. It is used together with hw.et.rx_intr_npkts to achieve RX interrupt moderation. The default value is 20. hw.et.tx_intr_nsegs This value controls how many segments (not packets) should be transmitted before a transmit interrupt is generated. The default value is 126. It is recommended to set this value below 280 to prevent the TX ring from underflowing. hw.et.timer This value controls how often a timer interrupt should be generated. It is used together with hw.et.tx_intr_nsegs to achieve TX interrupt moderation. The default value is 1000000000 (nanoseconds). SEE ALSO
arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The et device driver first appeared in DragonFly 1.11. The first FreeBSD release to include it was FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The et driver was written by Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@gmail.com> for DragonFly. It was ported to FreeBSD by Xin LI <delphij@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 14, 2008 BSD