Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in Zipping a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Zipping a file Post 302725453 by cero on Friday 2nd of November 2012 08:28:03 AM
Old 11-02-2012
Due to the slashes ( / ) in the filename the shell thinks you have a directory Daily_DB_:02 containing a directory 11 where the file 12.zip should be created. I recomend not use slash and colon as part of a filename.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Limitations of a file size for zipping

what is the maximum file size that i can zip in aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help me While zipping the file

Hi , I have written code which will ask the subject,body of the mail, attachment and mail id of the receipient. Code will pick up 4 files zip it. It will zip all the files and then post the mail to the receipient. While zipping the file i am getting error. Can anyone help me with this. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jolly
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for zipping a file

HI, I want a script which creat a zip file folder of files older than 15 days....... please help me on this........... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Error while zipping files

I was trying to remove & archive all the files in the current directory and embed them into the zip file, i mean i don't want to list the files any more after zipping those files. For this i wrote the following code though operation was succeeded zipping all the files and creating a zip file i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping a directory when the file count is over $X

Hiya, I've been plugging away at this script and I cant get it to behave as I need. first off it fails to adhere to the conditions of the file limit, and zips the directory regardless of the file count and secondly, but less important it zips up the entire path not just the directory I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orionrush
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping of file in a different directory

Hi, I am having some problem with a shell script which zip some files. For zipping I have used the following command: find . -name "Test_*" -mtime 0 | zip Test_$(date +"%Y%m%d") -@ I have kept the script in /home/abc directory. It is creating the zip file within the same directory where i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek_510
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a file and zipping it

Hi, In my process iam creating a temporary filelist with filename and date(yyyy-mm-dd format).I need to search file for a date and zip. Below command is giving the filename ,can someone helpme how to add the zip or gzip command to this statement. grep 2010-11-11 filelist.log | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swathich
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping the file when moving

Hi, I have a file a.txt, I am moving the file from my source location (/root/onw/src) to target folder(root/byl/src). My target folder has already a file by name a.txt..,while moving can I see if this file a.txt is existing then move it to archive folder(/root/byl/arc) zip and add time stamp to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help With zipping a file

Hi I need to zip a file and move it into another folder along with the timestamp. The orginal file must be removed from the source directory Source : folder1/source12.txt folder2 After zipping Folder1/Folder2/source12.zip Any help will be greatly appreciarted ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping file issues

Hi All, I am trying to zip a file but facing the issue. I have three zip files. a_1.zip a_2.zip c.zip I want to add a_1.zip and a_2.zip to c.zip Code: ############### for i in a*.zip; do printf "%s\n" "$i" done | zip -@ c.zip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
2 Replies
ZIP_ADD(3)						     Library Functions Manual							ZIP_ADD(3)

NAME
zip_add , - .Nm zip_replace add file to zip archive or replace file in zip archive LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> zip_int64_t zip_add(struct zip *archive, const char *name); "struct zip_source *source" int zip_replace(struct zip *archive, zip_uint64_t index); "struct zip_source *source" DESCRIPTION
The function zip_add adds a file to a zip archive, while zip_replace replaces an existing file in a zip archive. The argument archive specifies the zip archive to which the file should be added. name is the file's name in the zip archive (for zip_add ), while index speci- fies which file should be replaced (for zip_replace ). The data is obtained from the source argument. See the zip_source_* functions cited in SEE ALSO. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, zip_add returns the index of the new file in the archive, and zip_replace returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the error code in archive is set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
struct zip_source *s; if ((s=zip_source_buffer(archive, buffer, len)) == NULL || zip_add(archive, name, s) 0) { zip_source_free(s); printf("error adding file: %s0, zip_strerror(archive)); } ERRORS
zip_add and zip_replace fail if: [ZIP_ER_EXISTS] There is already a file called name in the archive. (Only applies to zip_add ). [ZIP_ER_INVAL] source or name are NULL, or index is invalid. [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_source_file(3), zip_source_filep(3), zip_source_function(3), zip_source_zip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH March 10, 2009 ZIP_ADD(3)