Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a mixed format (flatfile+xml) logfile Post 302725031 by goddevil on Thursday 1st of November 2012 05:22:47 PM
Old 11-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I'm pretty sure Windows can read text.

I have no idea how you get UPDATE on that data.
Windows can read the file but the formatting is uaually lost.

Is there a command like tput that can be used for the printing as opposed to the terminal?

---------- Post updated at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Code:
$ awk -f xml.awk datafile

column username
new_val
old_val blabla
event_n blah
time 1347270053954
2012/09/10 12 18 18 username@192.168.1.1 OPERATION user succeeded

$

Thank you Corona. I will try this.

I am trying to do a sed replace for specific occurrences of a character. Is there any way to do this in one sed and avoid repetition?

For example, i am doing the below to replace the first 4 occurrences of ~:
Code:
sed -e 's/~/|/1' -e 's/~/|/1' -e 's/~/|/1' -e 's/~/|/1'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml

I want to use wget comment to parse an xml parse that exist in an online website. How can I connect it using shell script through Unix and how can I parse it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile parsing with variable, multiple criterias among multiple lines

Hi all I've been working on a bash script parsing through debug/trace files and extracting all lines that relate to some search string. So far, it works pretty well. However, I am challenged by one requirement that is still open. What I want to do: 1) parse through a file and identify all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminder
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

logfile parsing

I thought I was pretty handy with awk until I got this one. :) I'm trying to parse a log file where the events could have different delimiters (2 scripts is ok), the errors are spread over multiple lines, and I"m trying to figure out how to not read the same lines that have already been read. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkslice
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have a xml file attached. I need to parse parameterId and its value My output should be like 151515 38 151522 32769 and so on.. Please help me. Its urgent (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating XML from a flatfile

Hi all, I am trying to generate an XML file from a flatfile in ksh/bash (could also use perl at a pinch, but out of my depth there!). I have found several good solutions on this very forum for cases where the header line in the file forms the XML tags, however my flatfile is as follows:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianmrid
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Logfile

Hi, I need to continuously monitor a logfile to get the log information between a process start and end. the logfile look like this abcdddddddddd cjjckkkkkkkkkkkk abc : Process started aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byorg
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies
AGGREGATE-IOS(1)                                              General Commands Manual                                             AGGREGATE-IOS(1)

NAME
aggregate-ios - optimise a concatenated set of cisco/IOS prefix filters to help make them nice and short. SYNOPSIS
aggregate-ios <source_config >optimised_config DESCRIPTION
Takes cisco IOS configuration on stdin, and optimises any prefix filters found using aggregate(1). Optimised filters are produced on std- out. OPTIONS
None. DIAGNOSTICS
Any diagnostics produced by aggregate(1) are passed through on stderr. EXAMPLES
The following configuration fragment: ip prefix-list AS65530 description Foo, Inc ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.1.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.1.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.3.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65531 description Bar.Com ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 5 permit 192.168.1.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 10 permit 192.168.2.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 15 permit 192.168.0.0/19 is optimised as follows: ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.1.0.0/16 le 24 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.0.0/15 le 24 ip prefix-list AS65531 permit 192.168.0.0/19 le 24 SEE ALSO
aggregate(1) HISTORY
Aggregate-ios was written by Joe Abley <jabley@mfnx.net>. BUGS
All those in aggregate(1) and then some :) Joe Abley 2000 November 27 AGGREGATE-IOS(1)