Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alternative network messaging? Post 302725015 by Corona688 on Thursday 1st of November 2012 03:01:28 PM
Old 11-01-2012
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Instant Messaging App Help

I was hoping someone could assist me on a text-based instant messaging client(using UDP) I am working on. I have the network communication basics already in place but, specifically, needed some further help on the "messaging other users" and "getting a user list" functions. The server code that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AusTex
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files: /etc/src.sh /etc/hosts /usr/adm/inetd.sec i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/ i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file. what should i do? also didn't find the inetd.sec file In the host... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirp
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

4. Programming

problems while using messaging queues....

hi I am using posix functions such as mq_open, mq_close and including the mqueue.h. but its giving a linking error,"undefined reference to mq_open and mq_close". it it that we have to link some library or so while compiling... plzzz help Thanxs Mohit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
USERNETCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     USERNETCTL(8)

NAME
usernetctl - allow a user to manipulate a network interface if permitted SYNOPSIS
usernetctl interface-name up|down|report DESCRIPTION
usernetctl checks to see if users are allowed to manipulate the network interface specified by interface-name, and then tries to bring the network interface up or down, if up or down was specified on the command line, or returns true or false status (respectively) if the report option was specified. usernetctl is not really meant to be called directly by users, though it currently works fine that way. It is used as a wrapper by the ifup and ifdown scripts, so that users can do exactly the same thing as root: ifup interface-name ifdown interface-name and ifup and ifdown will call usernetctl automatically to allow the interface status change. OPTIONS
interface-name The name of the network interface to check; for example, "ppp0". For backwards compatibility, "ifcfg-ppp0" and "/etc/sysconfig/net- work-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0" are also supported. up|down Attempt to bring the interface up or down. report Report on whether users can bring the interface up or down. NOTES
Alternate device configurations may inherit the default configuration's permissions. RHS
Red Hat, Inc. USERNETCTL(8)