Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the difference between two server lists Post 302724713 by proactiveaditya on Thursday 1st of November 2012 07:42:52 AM
Old 11-01-2012
Find the difference between two server lists

I just want to find the server names that belong to one list but doesnt belong to another. Just the server names in output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All, I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Server managing block lists

I have been having a problem lately with companies adding my small mail servers IP to their RBL lists with no method of retrieving samples of abuse, and a ridiculously long and convoluted procedure for removal. Example being AT&T who in responce to my request to be delisted told me that my IP was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffarbour
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find difference in two files

Hola, Tengo un texto texto1.txt con el siguiente contenido: Malaga Cadiz Sevilla Hola Y otro .txt texto2.txt con: Malaga Cadiz Sevilla Cordoba Huelva quiero obtener en otro .txt la diferencia entre estos dos archivos: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command difference - find

Hi, What is the difference between these two? find /some_dir -type f -exec chmod 070 {} \; and chmod 070 `find /some_dir -type f` Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamont
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find time difference

I have a file wich contains time formats and i need to get the time difference TIME1 TIME2 =============== =================== 20120624192555.6Z 20120624204006.5Z which means first date 2012/6/24 19:25:55,second date 2012/6/24 20:40:06 so when i get the time... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wnaguib
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Unmatched name from given lists..

i have two lists, list1 => abc jones oracle smith ssm tty list2 => abc jones lmn smith ssm xyz now i want to print only those names which are present in list2 and want to remove names from list2 which presents in list1. so i want OUTPUT => lmn xyz because "abc jones smith ssm" from list2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Killer420
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find Difference

Hi Friends, I need to find the difference between two files , File_1 contained 4 columns, and File_2 contained 4 columns, I need to find the difference using 1st column, Or need to find the difference using 3st column, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Logs & Lists to Save before httpd restart when web server freezes?

Hello... We keep having a problem with the httpd freezing and users getting time outs. I am not the Sys Admin but since I am the 1st one in, I have to restart the httpd server. Is there a list of items I should collect before I restart in order to help with trouble shooting? I currently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djlerman
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Difference between old and new server using df -BG

We have two servers, new and old using df -BG we have on old server Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 7.9G 5.9G 1.9G 76% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)