Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "No disk found" in failsafe mode Post 302724619 by tanglung117 on Thursday 1st of November 2012 02:55:40 AM
Old 11-01-2012
DB "No disk found" in failsafe mode

Hi all.
I have a problem:
My server is HP DL380 G5, and installed Sun OS 5.10 generic i86pc
I have misstake when hit command "crle -l /opt/nms/lib", so default library path "/lib:/usr/libs" lose.
Now, I can't restart system, message is: "Warning:init(1m) existed on fatal signal 9".

So, i boot into failsafe mode to create /var/ld/ld.config file. This file contain library path configurations.

The problem is: When boot into Fail-safe, It's doesn't detect any OS installed, and when I use "format" command, it says "No disk found".

My question is: How to detect hard disk?
Sorry about my english.
Thanks all!

Last edited by tanglung117; 11-01-2012 at 10:48 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

6. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)