Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Give name for every nth line
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Give name for every nth line Post 302724601 by pamu on Thursday 1st of November 2012 01:49:04 AM
Old 11-01-2012
Try

Code:
awk '{a++;if(!(a%5) || NR==1){s++}
    {if(P != $1){s=1;a=0}}
    {P=$1;$(NF+1)="Fr"$1"."s}}1' file

Last edited by pamu; 11-01-2012 at 03:09 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Nth record from last line

I have a growing file . I knew only last few lines which is constant for evey job run. I'd need to pull the Nth record from the last line. In this case i should not use search pattern. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford2020
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read last word of nth line

Hi people; i want to read the last word of the 14th line of my file1.txt. Here is the EXACT 14th line of the file. 250 SectorPortnum=3,AuxPortInUngo=2,PortDeviceGroup=1,PortDeviceSet=1,PorDevice=1 20 >>> Set. i have to get the word Set. how can i call it and also how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get 3rd column of nth line

hi; i have a file.txt and its 9th, 10th and 11th line lines are: RbsLocalCell=S2C1 maxPortIP 4 (this is 9th line) RbsLocalCell=S3C1 maxPortIP 4 (this is 10th line) RbsLocalCell=S1C1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start reading from the nth line till the last line of a file.

Hi, For my reuirement, I have to read a file from the 2nd line till the last line<EOF>. Say, I have a file as test.txt, which as a header record in the first line followed by records in rest of the lines. for i in `cat test.txt` { echo $i } While doing the above loop, I have read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to delete nth line

can you please tell me (1) how to delete 1st and 3rd line only from a file. (2) How to delete last 4 lines in a file that has 2 blank lines out of last 4 lines. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average for every Nth line in the Nth column

Is there an awk script that can easily perform the following operation? I have a data file that is in the format of 1944-12,5.6 1945-01,9.8 1945-02,6.7 1945-03,9.3 1945-04,5.9 1945-05,0.7 1945-06,0.0 1945-07,0.0 1945-08,0.0 1945-09,0.0 1945-10,0.2 1945-11,10.5 1945-12,22.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every nth line

Dear all, How to print every nth line. File like this: File input: 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print nth line in a file

Bash/Oracle Linux 6.4 A basic requirement. How can I get nth line of a file printed ? Can I use grep in this case ? Example: In the below file, 12th line is "Kernel parameter check passed for rmem_max" . I just want the 12 line to be printed. # cat sometext.txt Kernel version check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert a line of text on nth line of a file

Hi All, I am using UNix Sun OS sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise My intention is to insert a line of text after 13th line of every file inside a particular directory. While trying to do it for a single file , i am using sed sed '3 i this is the 4th line' filename sed: command garbled: 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)