Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetch entries with tags with editing in existing code Post 302724525 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 06:03:51 PM
Old 10-31-2012
Please convert the DOC file to a TXT file. I'm not going to load OpenOffice just for that.
This User Gave Thanks to cfajohnson For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch substring from html code

hello mates. please help me out once again. i have a html file where i want to fetch out one value from the entire html-code sample html code: ..... <b>Amount:<b> 12345</div> ... now i only want to fetch the 12345 from the html document. how to i tell sed to get me the value from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix code to fetch the first field till space in a variable

Hi, I want to get the value of the first field till space in a variable. e.g x=323 /test/personel/logs/File1 I want to get the first field till space i.e 323 in another variable ,lets say y. echo $x|cut -d' ' -f1 gives 323 but when I'm trying y=`echo $x|cut -d' ' -f1 its giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: autosys_nm
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl code to search existing files

Hi, I have a string like: read_lib {$lib/a.lib $lib/b.lib $lib/c.lib ..... } Now, I want to search existence of all these *.lib files in $lib directory. Please suggest- how to do it. Thanks -rkg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the word or words and fetch the entries

Hi all, I have 7 words Now I have 1 file which contain data in large number of rows and columns and 6th column contain any of these words or may be more than one words among above 7 words: I want script should search for the above mentioned 7 words in the 6th column ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match first column entries precisely and fetch whatever in front of it

Hi all I have 2 files: first file AABC TTYP JKBH CVBN NHJK KJHM Second file is AABC,XCYU,JUHD Alllele1 GACXT It is approved study TTYP,JKBH Allele2 PPRD It is clinical trial study JKBH Allele2 PPRD ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:Fetch certain entries

Hi all. Kindly check it it's urgent!! I have one big file from which which I have to fetch certain data I have attached a small part of this file. from the attached file, I have to fetch and arrange data in 3 columns 1 Generic name 2. Brand names 3. Drug... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch specific entries

Hi Guys This time my input sample from a Big file like this In TTDS00002 UniProt ID P11229 TTDS00002 Name Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1 TTDS00002 Type of target Successful target TTDS00002 Synonyms M1 receptor TTDS00002 Disease Alzheimer's disease... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch entries with specific pattern

Hi all, I have following sample input file which is a part of big file: ID AINX_HUMAN Reviewed; 499 AA. AC Q16352; B1AQK0; Q9BRC5; DT 30-MAY-2000, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 23-JAN-2002, sequence version 2. DT 28-NOV-2012, entry version 123.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareena
2 Replies
JZIP(6) 						 John's Z-code Interpreter Program						   JZIP(6)

NAME
jzip - execute Infocom v1-5 and Inform v1-5 & v8 game files SYNOPSIS
jzip [ options ] z-file-name DESCRIPTION
jzip invokes the Z-code Interpreter. REQUIREMENTS
jzip will run under most (if not all) flavors of Unix, including AIX, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, Linux, Free/NetBSD, IRIX, NeXT Mach, DEC OSF/1, and others. EDITING
JZip now supports arrowkey editing in UNIX. Up/Down selects the previous / next command in history Left/Right moves the cursor over the line. Backspace deletes Typing inserts under the cursor OPTIONS
-l n lines in display -c n columns in display -r n text right margin (default = 1) -t n text top margin (default = 0) -v display version information -m monochrome mode -y set Tandy bit -s n zmachine strict level, from 0 (none), 1 (report once, recommended) to 3. ENVIRONMENT
jzip looks for the environment variable INFOCOM_PATH and will use the path found there to look for the story file specified on the command line if the story file cannot be found in the current directory. CREDITS
jzip is written and maintained by John Holder (j-holder@home.com), based on the ZIP v2.0 sources by Mark Howell and Olaf 'Olsen' Barthel. AVAILABILITY
The most recent version of jzip can be downloaded from one of: http://www.jzip.sourceforge.net/ ftp://ifarchive.org/infocom/interpreters/zip/ FILES
/usr/games/jzip The Z-Code Interpreter Program /usr/lib/games/zfiles Recommended location for Zcode files RELATED USENET NEWSGROUPS
Interactive Fiction (IF) authors should check out rec.arts.int-fiction, and IF players should check out rec.games.int-fiction. 2.1 JZIP(6)