Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parallel SQL sessions in shell script Post 302724287 by Yoda on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 12:55:13 PM
Old 10-31-2012
Yes, wait command will hold until both sql1 & sql2 are completed, then only sql3 will be called.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems executing SQL Plus sessions

If I execute this script: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s <<EOF > oracle.log $DB_id/$DB_pswd@$DB_server start test.sql EOF the sql script executes with no errors. IF I execute the following script:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in parallel

Hi, I am a shell script which takes input parameters and performs various functions. My concern is, if we call the same shell script with different parameter values from different sessions, will the results be inconsistent? Are there any precautions I need to take inorder to avoid conflicts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with executing parallel sessions for same shell script with different but fixed parameters

Hi Experts, There is a shell script that accepts positional parameter between 1-25 to execute case statement of script depending upon the parameter passed. Now I need to run all the 25 sessions parallely. In each option of case statement it is connecting with sqlplus and executing a select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opamps123
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing of SQL through Shell

Hi Friends, I am trying to write a shell which will invoke 3 CTAS (ORACLE create table XXX as select * from YYYY). The approximate time for one CTAS is around 25 mins. So i want to run the CTAS script parallely. My pseudocode is as below. Main script nohup sh CTAS1.sh &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 3 shell script parallel in another shell script

Hi, I'm trying to do teh below thing. I have a single script which uses 3 different parameters to do 3 different work like belwo. test1.sh par1 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par2 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par3 -- it shuts down an instance Now I created a script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel for in a Script Shell

Hello, This is my Script which configure a list of nodes. ( 40 nodes, and the configuration 10 minutes) #! /bin/sh if then echo "USE: ./start.sh nodes else nb_lignes=`wc -l $1 | cut -d " " -f1` echo "$nb_lignes machines" for i in $(seq $nb_lignes) //instructions done fi My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Executing SQL's in parallel

Hi Folks, I have requirement to pull a bunch of SQL's from a table in DB and execute them in parallel and update the status of each query as and when they complete. Can you please help me with ideas on how this can be achieved? create table list_of_sql ( id number, full_sql... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: member2014
3 Replies
condor_wait(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_wait(1)

Name
       condor_wait Wait - for jobs to finish

Synopsis
       condor_wait [-help -version]

condor_wait[-debug] [-wait seconds] [-num number-of-jobs] log-file[job ID]

Description
       condor_waitwatches  a  user  log file (created with the logcommand within a submit description file) and returns when one or more jobs from
       the log have completed or aborted.

Because condor_waitexpects to find at least one job submitted event in the log file, at least one job must have been successfully submitted
       with condor_submitbefore condor_waitis executed.

condor_waitwill wait forever for jobs to finish, unless a shorter wait time is specified.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Show extra debugging information.

-wait seconds

Wait no more than the integer number of seconds. The default is unlimited time.

-num number-of-jobs

Wait for the integer number-of-jobsjobs to end. The default is all jobs in the log file.

log file

The name of the log file to watch for information about the job.

job ID

A  specific job or set of jobs to watch. If the job IDis only the job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId , then condor_wait waits for all jobs
	  with the given  ClusterId . If the job IDis a pair of the job ClassAd attributes, given by  ClusterId . ProcId , then condor_wait  waits
	  for  the specific job with this job ID. If this option is not specified, all jobs that exist in the log file when condor_wait is invoked
	  will be watched.

General Remarks
       condor_waitis an inexpensive way to test or wait for the completion of a job or a whole cluster, if you are trying to get a process outside
       of Condor to synchronize with a job or set of jobs.

It can also be used to wait for the completion of a limited subset of jobs, via the -numoption.

Examples
       condor_wait  logfile

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile with a job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId of 40 to complete.

condor_wait  -num 2 logfile

This command waits for any two jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40.1

This command waits for job 40.1 that exists in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  -wait 3600 logfile 40.1

This waits for job 40.1 to complete by watching	logfile , but it will not wait more than one hour (3600 seconds).

Exit Status
       condor_waitexits  with  0  if and only if the specified job or jobs have completed or aborted. condor_waitreturns 1 if unrecoverable errors
       occur, such as a missing log file, if the job does not exist in the log file, or the user-specified waiting time has expired.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_wait(1)