Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listing Live System Status
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Listing Live System Status Post 302724105 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 08:12:42 AM
Old 10-31-2012
OK.
What specifcally do you have a problem with? You said you have done some steps, so there must be others that are a problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all links in a file system

How would one find and list all links in a file system? My situation is that I built several servers for disaster recovery, mirror images of several servers in our main location. Instead of doing a "ls -l" on every file system down the /usr structor to verify that I have all the necessary links... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruger14
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

system status report script

hi i m new to this forum as well as UNIX. I've got an assignment but i don't know how can I start it. can anyone please help to tell me how can I start it? I added here few lines from my assignment. In industry, it is common for a single organisation to provide technical support for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
0 Replies

3. AIX

listing the whole system by filesize

Hi, Just wondered what command you would use to list all the files on Aix by filesize? I've tried a few but none of which seem to do the trick! Currently running du -m -a . | sort -rn | more as root Thanks, Matt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elmesy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System status query script

Hi, I am trying to access and read certain lines from a configuration XML file on multiple servers (within the LAN). Fortunately the file name and path is always the same for all servers. An example extract of the file is as follows: <DUMMY-SMSC>false</DUMMY-SMSC> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaz8212
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP OID for System Status LED's

I am trying to locate the proper MIB and OID location, to determine if the system attention light is on IBM-702x servers running 5.x. Currently, we get this on our Blade Centers Management Modules at location: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.8.2.1.1.7.xx were xx is the actual Blade number. A value of 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stamfdf
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide status value from awk system command

Hi, When i use the system( ) function inside a awk, i am getting the ouput with a 0 appended in a new line. Can someone guide me to eliminate the extra line containing 0. Ex : awk -F"|" '{print system("convert.sh" $1}' The output is displayed with 0 in a new line. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muruganksk
8 Replies

7. Solaris

svc:/system/filesystem/local is always in maintenance status

Hello Friends, I need to change network filesystem status as online but it always seems in maintenance mode, I appreciate your any suggestion to change its state as online. shell>svcadm enable svc:/system/filesystem/local shell>svcs -l svc:/system/filesystem/local fmri ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file system status mail notifications

HI I want to get an e-mail @ my yahoo address when the file system used space gets more than 89% , & the message contents must be the outputs of df -g errpt netstat -i ??????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
3 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Status of Badging System - Beta 1

Dear All, Here is the current status of the badging system: The Beta 1 phase of the new badging system is close to completion. 42 prototype badges have been "allocated" 6 prototype badge slots are held in reserve The "alert you have new badges" prototype is running and is currently... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. After every twenty problems, it publishes statistics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +-. Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. 7th Edition May 6, 1986 ARITHMETIC(6)