Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SOAP Client server program
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SOAP Client server program Post 302723969 by liyakathali on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 05:02:17 AM
Old 10-31-2012
SOAP Client server program

Hi,
I have taken the below code from Quick Start with SOAP - Perl.com and modified to my requirement.Server program runs without error.I have kept Demo.pm under /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin directory.When I run the client program I am not getting any output.Whether the client program should be client.pl or client.cgi.I am new to SOAP.Please do the needful.

Client:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib';
use SOAP::Lite;
print SOAP::Lite
    -> uri('http://xxx/cgi-bin/Demo')
    -> proxy('http://xxx/cgi-bin/soap.cgi')
    -> hi()
    -> result;

Server:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib';
use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
  SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
    -> dispatch_to('/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/')
    -> handle;
print "Hello World\n";

In dispatch_to I have mentioned the path of Demo.pm.In uri I have mentioned the path of Demo.pm.

Please do the needful.
Thanks,
Liyakath.

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-31-2012 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

program to transfer a file from client machine to server

1. we have a client & server ,and TFTP is running on the server. 2.we have 3 files a.exe,b.exe,c.exe in the client machine....we need to transfer all the 3 files to the server and store it into a DIR... 3.then we need to check in the server whetehr all the three files are sucessfully... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
3 Replies

2. Programming

Chat client-server program

Good day everyone, I'm doing a chat client-server program:server is to receive messages from clients through a TCP port and multicast them back to all clients through a UDP port. This is my client program. I'd not know why it just sends and receives msg from server once, then it stops. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powermind
1 Replies

3. Programming

Client - server program

i came acors this coding when surfin the net.this code works perfectly.but as i am new to this socket programming i need sm coments quoted on it or explanation regarding this source code. i have prb understanding the server.c i have posted it below can u guys help me !!!! cheerZ The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathu
4 Replies

4. Programming

Client and Server program gen by Makefile

I created a "ebanking.x" file and run it as " rpcgen -a ebaning.x" It gen a few of files to me which is - "ebanking.h", "ebanking_server.c", "ebanking_svc.c", "ebanking_client.c", "ebanking_clnt.c", "ebanking_xdr.c" and "Makefile" The content of "ebanking.x" : struct bankargs { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wongalan48
0 Replies

5. Programming

Server client program

hi guys, I need the code for a server client registration form.The server must ask for authentication .Then the client would send in data. This is stored in a file .The server sends back a receipt to the client as part of the payment done. plz can some 1 get me the code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pip3r
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Soap Server error

Hi all jobs on a particular autosys box are failing with the below error. Any ideas Start Login Preparing to Submit Job...... Error Submitting Report Again Soap Server error. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophos
0 Replies

7. Programming

SOAP Client..!

Hi, Can anybody provide me a simple SOAP client in C/C++ ..? Thanks in advance....!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
1 Replies

8. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Soap client script

Hi everybody, I`d llike to know if it is possible to create a script that call a specific soap method and collect the response time of this method. Can someone give some tips and examples ? Thank you so much ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sign Soap Message from client certificate from UNIX

I have to call a webservice , I need to pass the static request from Unix which should have message signing details in the soap header . I am using cURL command for this. I do not have java , I need to do it through Unix only . Below is the kind of Soap envelop I want to wrap around my request .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
0 Replies
SOAPSH(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 SOAPSH(1)

NAME
SOAPsh.pl - Interactive shell for SOAP calls SYNOPSIS
perl SOAPsh.pl http://services.soaplite.com/examples.cgi http://www.soaplite.com/My/Examples > getStateName(2) > getStateNames(1,2,3,7) > getStateList([1,9]) > getStateStruct({a=>1, b=>24}) > Ctrl-D (Ctrl-Z on Windows) or # all parameters after uri will be executed as methods perl SOAPsh.pl http://soap.4s4c.com/ssss4c/soap.asp http://simon.fell.com/calc doubler([10,20,30]) > Ctrl-D (Ctrl-Z on Windows) DESCRIPTION
SOAPsh.pl is a shell for making SOAP calls. It takes two parameters: mandatory endpoint and optional uri (actually it will tell you about it if you try to run it). Additional commands can follow. After that you'll be able to run any methods of SOAP::Lite, like autotype, readable, encoding, etc. You can run it the same way as you do it in your Perl script. You'll see output from method, result of SOAP call, detailed info on SOAP faulure or transport error. For full list of available methods see documentation for SOAP::Lite. Along with methods of SOAP::Lite you'll be able (and that's much more interesting) run any SOAP methods you know about on remote server and see processed results. You can even switch on debugging (with call something like: "on_debug(sub{print@_})") and see SOAP code with headers sent and recieved. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SOAPSH(1)