Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change database directory to another directory? Post 302723937 by orange47 on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 03:46:02 AM
Old 10-31-2012
perhaps you need to change '/etc/mysql/my.cnf', too.
This User Gave Thanks to orange47 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory

Hi all, I'm trying to wirte a small shell script in Linux. My script has the flow like, cmd1 cmd2 cd testdata cmd3 After exiting the program, the CWD remains the same as where I execute the program. I need it to be changed to the latest updated directory in the program. How can I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadivel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory command (cd)

I want to limit the directories that a user can access. When this users logs in, I do not want them to cd to any directory but those in their $HOME. In other words: login: pwd: /home/user cd / -- user tries to cd to root directory. pwd /home/user -- user is still in home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory

hi, Iam in directory A. I run a script from there. inside the script i have a command cd B. When i come out of the script directory is A only. Even when i come out scrip i want the directory to be B How to achieve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions in a certain directory?

Hi , I have a situation where plenty of users log in to the same directory and put in files. When they put in the files, I need those files to become group writable (chmod g+w) automatically. I have no control over the users' profiles. Is there a way to do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_indramo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Directory

I have a directory that is existing under my root dir of the FTP server. The DIR name is 'Software Patch'. I want to move in to that DIR to download some patches. But, when I issued a command 'cd SOftware Patch', the system said that it cannot find the dir 'Software'. I tried all possible ways like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change all filenames in a directory

I have a directory of files and each file has a random 5 digit string at the beginning that needs to be removed. Plus, there are some files that will be identically named after the 5 digit string is removed and I want those eliminated or moved. any ideas? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: crumb
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rebuild/update fuppes database if files are added/removed from directory

The title says it all. I have a upnp server running fuppes that is connected to my xbox360. In order to see the files on the xbox360 i have to manually update and rebuild the database anytime i add or remove files. I have tried cron jobs to do it every 20 min which works, but if I am streaming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr6699
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory if available

I have a simple shell script that prompts the user to enter a directory to navigate to. What i want it to do and i don't know how to do this is if the directory is invalid automatically navigate to the home directory. echo "enter a directory to navigate to:" read directory cd $directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory

Hi All, There is a code like below in my script ############################################### ###Create Directories and Sub-Directories ############################################### dpdir=DP_FROM_${from}_TO_${to} mkdir $dpdir cd $dpdir mkdir AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies
NOTEDB::mysql(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					NOTEDB::mysql(3pm)

NAME
NOTEDB::mysql - module lib for accessing a notedb from perl SYNOPSIS
# include the module use NOTEDB; # create a new NOTEDB object (the last 4 params are db table/field names) $db = new NOTEDB("mysql","note","localhost","username","password","note","number","note","date"); # get a single note ($note, $date) = $db->get_single(1); # search for a certain note %matching_notes = $db->get_search("somewhat"); # format of returned hash: #$matching_notes{$numberofnote}->{'note' => 'something', 'date' => '23.12.2000 10:33:02'} # get all existing notes %all_notes = $db->get_all(); # format of returnes hash like the one from get_search above # get the next noteid available $next_num = $db->get_nextnum(); # recount all noteids starting by 1 (useful after deleting one!) $db->set_recountnums(); # modify a certain note $db->set_edit(1, "any text", "23.12.2000 10:33:02"); # create a new note $db->set_new(5, "any new text", "23.12.2000 10:33:02"); # delete a certain note $db->set_del(5); # turn on encryption. CryptMethod must be IDEA, DES or BLOWFISH $db->use_crypt("passphrase", "CryptMethod"); # turn off encryption. This is the default. $db->no_crypt(); DESCRIPTION
You can use this module for accessing a note database. There are currently two versions of this module, one version for a SQL database and one for a binary file (note's own database-format). However, both versions provides identical interfaces, which means, you do not need to change your code, if you want to switch to another database format. Currently, NOTEDB module is only used by note itself. But feel free to use it within your own project! Perhaps someone want to implement a webinterface to note... USAGE
please see the section SYNOPSIS, it says it all. AUTHOR
Thomas Linden <tom@daemon.de>. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-12 NOTEDB::mysql(3pm)