Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ERROR while compiling
Operating Systems Solaris ERROR while compiling Post 302723893 by rajeshb6 on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 01:21:07 AM
Old 10-31-2012
@achenle

I didn't find any answer for it in the man pages...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling Error

Hi, I have installed "Freetype2" library in my SuSe Linux 9.3 version system. When Iam compiling a program, I am getting these below errors. Undefined reference to "FT_Init_FreeType" Undefined reference to "FT_Load_Char" Please show me a solution? Thank you. With regards, Chandramouli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandra80
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java compiling error

I need Help folks; I'm very new to Java & i was trying to compile some java files & i got a lot of errors (see below), could some one tell me what am i doing wrong? These are the files i need to compile: AddCommentActionLogging.java EditPageActionLogging.java When i run:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when compiling with the pro-c

Gentlemen, I can not compile with the Pro-C installed on a Solaris 10. I get the following error ..: ! Compilation: startdmn.pc ------------------------------------------------------------------ ld.so.1: proc: fatal: libclntsh.so.9.0: open failed: No such file or directory make: Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pedro_Oca
2 Replies

5. Programming

Error with compiling

Hi guys. I have a header file: unp.h like this: #ifndef _UNP_H_ #define _UNP_H_ extern ssize_t readn(int filedes, void *buff, size_t nbytes); extern ssize_t writen(int filedes, const void *buff, size_t nbytes); extern void err_quit(const char *msg); #define TRUE 1 #define FALSE 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Compiling error on solaris10

Hello guys, Im trying to install a monitoring software on my solaris10 machine and im getting an error doing so. Can someone please help. ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../client/xymond_client collect2: ld returned 1 exit status gmake: *** Error 1 gmake:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemo21
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while compiling the kernel 3.3.1.

Hi I m using redhat 6 with kernel release 2.6.32-71.el6.i686 I have downloaded latest kernel 3.3.1 from kernel.org . when i run make module_install i get below error. # make modules_install /usr/src/kernels/linux-3.3.1/scripts/depmod.sh: line 37: 11314 Killed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling error in UNIX

Hi, I'm trying to compile the code for a program and I run into the following error, ncfile.h: In constructor ‘ncfile::NcAttribute<T>::NcAttribute(const std::string&, const char*)': ncfile.h:357: error: there are no arguments to ‘strlen' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstephens
1 Replies

9. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Error when compiling using cygwin

I tried to compile the files in basic_dump_ex using cygwin : /cygdrive/c/WpdPack/Examples-pcap/basic_dump_ex $make but I got this : cc -g -O -mno-cygwin -I ../../include -c -o basic_dump_ex.o basic_dump_ex.c cc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mno-cygwin’... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve120
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error while compiling

Hi I am trying to compile a binary file (CASPER: Context-Aware Scheme for Paired-End Read) but I am getting the following error: user@user-OptiPlex-780 make g++ -O2 -Wall -fopenmp -c -o merge.o merge.c merge.c:8:35: fatal error: boost/unordered_map.hpp: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)