Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Centralizing Administration
Operating Systems Solaris Centralizing Administration Post 302723855 by Junaid Subhani on Tuesday 30th of October 2012 11:43:32 PM
Old 10-31-2012
Java Centralizing Administration

Hi guys.
I work in an environment that caters to 150 + Solaris servers. I was wondering whether there is an application/Software that can be used to centralize Administration.
e.g. If a new member comes into the team , I am required to go onto every server and create his login. Is there a system that I can perform on a central main server that gets replicated onto all the servers on my network....
Making new usernames is just one of the tasks that I want done. Other tasks may include replication hosts file onto all systems by just editing one file.

So is there any such mechanism ?

Regards,
Junaid

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Administration

I have been working with UNIX (HP-UX) now for a couple of years. Have become quite capable in shell scripting and general UNIX use. The local university offers a certification course in UNIX administration which I am considering taking. However, the certification is geared toward UNIX in general... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Web Administration

Hi I need help on to administering a web server.We r hosting web sites . I need an web interface through customers can login into their Account Control Centre where they can manipulate ftp,mailboxes,passwors,crond,mysql Vijay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayanand
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference in administration

I have been working on Sun Solaris since 2.6 and now on 9. I have an opportunity to accept a position working on HPUX and AIX. From a administration point of view. What are the major differences of the unix flavors. Solaris - HPUX and Solaris to AIX. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote administration

Is there a way to do remote administration on my Sun/Solaris 2.5? I have a server that is running an old copy of ARCServe 2.2 and I need to do monthly administration on it. The only way to use it is from the server so I want to use a VNC type product to do it. Since I know zip about unix, I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: athpam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Administration

I have an application that runs on Unix and the user administration is managed at a Unix level. The application has an application ID which is linked to the user ids which are created at Unix level. Can you please help if I can be able to track which user used the Application ID and what action was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kopano
0 Replies

6. Solaris

user administration

hi ' i am creating a primary group and a secondary group for a user. #groupadd -g 101 test #groupadd -g 102 test1 #useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/ksh -g test -G test user1 in /etc/passwd i can find the username as user1 and group name as test and where can i find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeepan
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Zone administration

hi frnds I created sparse root zone, in that zone when i try to change the passwd it is giving permission denied. what is the reason and how to chnage the root passwd in the zone. can u please explain the query. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan ega
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User administration

Dear All, I need to restrict the users in our server. 1.History & history -c command working all groups & others.So i need to restrict history -c option for groups & others . 2.Any option available to view user activity with all Eg--->user1 Jul22 10:20:11 date 3.Any other Special... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
7 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)